Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spotted Black SSR on snow covered side road off 65 in Bowling Green KY this morning. (Maybe had to, daily driver)

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,734 Posts
"Chrome won't get you home but black will get you back". It supposedly works for Harleys, but maybe not so much for R's.

Dave

·
Premium Member
7,279 Posts
Spotted Black SSR on snow covered side road off 65 in Bowling Green KY this morning. (Maybe had to, daily driver)
He's probably a farmer, Robert, and uses his SSR as his work truck. Howard in Florida uses his (Smokin' Asphalt) daily in his lawn service business. Saw a guy down in Lawrenceburg (Tennessee) 2 or 3 years ago that used his Redline Red SSR in his Dry Wall business. The cargo area was covered in tools and dry wall buckets of mud. Bob :ssr

·
Premium Member
2,097 Posts
He's probably a farmer, Robert, and uses his SSR as his work truck. Howard in Florida uses his (Smokin' Asphalt) daily in his lawn service business. Saw a guy down in Lawrenceburg (Tennessee) 2 or 3 years ago that used his Redline Red SSR in his Dry Wall business. The cargo area was covered in tools and dry wall buckets of mud. Bob :ssr
:crying:
This all reminds me of my first Vette. A '69 convertible and my (only) ride at the time to get to work. Very icy and lots of snow conditions and problem besides was I needed to tank up on gas. My local station was on a corner that from my direction, I had to go down hill and then do almost a complete "U" turn to go (slightly uphill) to the pumps.

By the way, the bottom of the driveway was bordered with guard rails cause below it the drop off to the "mall" parking lot was maybe 10 feet lower.

Anyway, I made the U turn to climb up the grade to the gas pumps only to find that about half way up..............my forward progress..........ceased.....and I began a backward slide. This resulted in the rear of my Vette sliding into the guard rail and no way I could stop it.:frown2:

Since the rear bumpers were (split), it of course made contact in between those bumpers and "cracked" the tail end like an egg.

Bottom line..............do NOT venture out in your favorite ride in bad weather conditions if at all possible..............Not worth it.:|

1 - 5 of 5 Posts