Chevy SSR Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Yes, Alex aka Largossr05 had 12,000 miles on his when it went, I gave him a ride home.

Clutch pedal on floor, cab full of Smoke and his transmission didn't shift either.

OK, you have hydraulic clutch, hydraulic line is 3" from header on SSR.

Oil overheats, all SSR have. running DOT 5 or higher to eliminate overheating.

No bleeder either.

Push clutch, nothing happens. Been there, done that!

Or clutch stays on floor and cab fills with "Smoke". Been there, done that!

Ever push Brake Pedal to the floor?? Same thing.

Oh, your clutch is OK, then why ask the question.

Dicktator
Good information when it is time to change my clutch, thanks! I am already running 5.1 fluid and I change it often.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Changed switch as preventative maintenance with updated Delco P/N switch. Old one was working fine. Battery was 6 years old and weak and not holding a charge well so I replaced it. I normally only get 4 yrs out of my batteries.

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
9,656 Posts
The engine rpm or sound didn't change at all when I let out the clutch so thinking it was not actually running even though tach said it was.
The problem could have been the tach stepper motor...... Your 2005 is still in the production window of crappy stepper motors.... When you start it, pay close attention to the gauge “test sweep” to be sure the tach is behaving properly......

The stepper motor failures start out as a very random occurrance...

Regards,

Mike

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
The problem could have been the tach stepper motor...... Your 2005 is still in the production window of crappy stepper motors.... When you start it, pay close attention to the gauge “test sweep” to be sure the tach is behaving properly......

The stepper motor failures start out as a very random occurrance...

Regards,

Mike
I am paying more attention to gauge sweep now at startup and haven't seen anything unusual but will continue to monitor. Thanks!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts