Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my SSR had no volume control or sound from speaker when I tried it the other night. checked fuses etc. all OK. checked factory service manual - very little help. got radio working again by key on and pulling radio and amp fuses out and putting back in. starting working, went on road trip with no more problems. I don't know if this was a coincidence or a way to reset the amp. took SSR to Glacier Park and climbed Highway to the Sun from West Glacier to Logan Pass. heated up to 240 degrees with transmission in D. shifted to 2nd gear, ran engine a little faster which seemed to help a lot - ran about 215 - for what that's worth. :ssr :ssr :ssr

·
Registered
72 Posts
I had the same problem (no speaker output but all of the controls appeared functional). I was about to take it into the dealer and the problem cleared itself and has never happened again (after 8 months of operation). Like most people in America, I blame it on the computer!

·
West Coast Pit Crew
10,185 Posts
same hear

kgoodwin said:
I had the same problem (no speaker output but all of the controls appeared functional). I was about to take it into the dealer and the problem cleared itself and has never happened again (after 8 months of operation). Like most people in America, I blame it on the computer!
Everything working except sound, turned radio off waited a few sec's turned back on everything was fine :thumbs No problem since :confused think there was just a hick-up in the wiring system. :skep

1 - 3 of 3 Posts