Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was installing a combination LED driving lights/turn signals this week on the XT5 I purchased this month and put the SSR out under a tree for more room in the garage. Trees don't seep sap in late June, right? Wrong, it was all over the top surfaces. And of course, I was involved in my project and allowed it to harden a couple of days. Oh well, time to do clay bar to remove it. Wrong! I used my small elect power washer to rinse the truck, the sap came off. No touch. Ceramic coating is wonderful! I went ahead in soap bombed the truck and dried it with a gas leaf blower.
I like this stuff so much that I had the dealer install something called "ECP plus Diamond Ceramic on the XT5. I don't know if it will work as well but I thought I would give it a try.
Jack

·
Premium Member
1,932 Posts
I was installing a combination LED driving lights/turn signals this week on the XT5 I purchased this month and put the SSR out under a tree for more room in the garage. Trees don't seep sap in late June, right? Wrong, it was all over the top surfaces. And of course, I was involved in my project and allowed it to harden a couple of days. Oh well, time to do clay bar to remove it. Wrong! I used my small elect power washer to rinse the truck, the sap came off. No touch. Ceramic coating is wonderful! I went ahead in soap bombed the truck and dried it with a gas leaf blower.
I like this stuff so much that I had the dealer install something called "ECP plus Diamond Ceramic on the XT5. I don't know if it will work as well but I thought I would give it a try.
Jack
:)
I had a similar experience last year with mine. Parked under some trees in the golf course parking lot. Noticed the next day that I has all these little spots all over. Turns out, that stuff does wash off easily and (mine is not ceramic coated, but will be after next week).

Good luck with your ECP plus package, I have not googled it to see just what it is. But, in my visit last week to my Ceramic Pro dealer to discuss my upcoming coating job, he did happen to mention not to use wax as wax is not compatible with ceramic and many many products are "touting"/using the ceramic name in their products. I forgot to write down what he recommended..........somekind of rinse/wash product. Of course he said I could purchase a bottle of their ceramic "booster" or what ever he called it, but "it was not necessary".

·
Premium Member
7,120 Posts
Jack
When I get Sap on mine, I just park it in the Sun a couple of hours and it wipes right off ... same goes for Road Tar/Oil, park it in the Sun light and it wipes right off with a clean soft cloth !!!

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Hey @moscooter might not work so well at the golf course, unless you are quick about it. But let us know and we can set up a bail fund for you. Saving the SSR paint is way more important then their pesky tree. :)

·
Premium Member
1,932 Posts
Hey @moscooter might not work so well at the golf course, unless you are quick about it. But let us know and we can set up a bail fund for you. Saving the SSR paint is way more important then their pesky tree. :)
:unsure:
It seems my golf bag is pretty heavy already. A big chain saw would be just too much, although there are and have been many times I would use it to seek a better line to the green..........am a way high handicapper and being in the woods after a shot is quite common for me.:cry:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts