Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anyone that has had the noisy fan (when you put it on speed 2) repaired did the dealer mess anything up doing it? I have the proplem but am always afraid of what other damage the dealer will do making the repair.:cool :cool

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
I had mine replaced.....but of course each dealership is different.
It does involve taking the dash apart......so :eek

·
Registered
213 Posts
My dealer (Cincinnati) would definately screw something up, so I'll live with the fan noise for now.

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
subman576 said:
For anyone that has had the noisy fan (when you put it on speed 2) repaired did the dealer mess anything up doing it? I have the proplem but am always afraid of what other damage the dealer will do making the repair.:cool :cool
Nope. Blower motor replaced, no more strange noises, nothing else screwed up.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have noticed a slight noise every once in a while in mine. It is kinda like a little rattle.....I have not noticed it is quite sometime, so maybe it corrected itself.... :)

·
Premium Member
1,297 Posts
subman576 said:
Subman, Just saw your problem with the blower on speed 2. There is a SB on this. It has something to do with a mixing valve, if I remeber correctly. Anyway, my 04 had it from day one. The dealer did some research and found the SB. They complied with the SB and the problem went away until this fall. Got some leaves in the duct and the noise came back. This repair was on me. This is the last time I leave the car outside during the fall.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Does anyone who has access to the TSBs know years this impacts?

I have some fan noise sometimes and not sure this is it--I'll have t pay attention to the setting it's on next time.

Thanks!

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
flames said:
I have noticed a slight noise every once in a while in mine. It is kinda like a little rattle.....I have not noticed it is quite sometime, so maybe it corrected itself.... :)
Thats what I have too on #2. It sounds like a slight buzz or clicking sound, but not bad enough for me to seek service for it yet. :silver:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts