Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just bought a 05 SSR with 4K miles and in the bed were two hard saddle bags wrapped in moving blankets. these have 2 rails still in plastic with the key! There is a bracket mounted to each side of the saddlebags! I am asking 499.00 for both and would prefer a local pick up! I live in the Cleveland area in the summer and in NJ in the fall and winter. Thank you! Fred (non-supporting members must use Private Messages to communicate for sales. You will need 15 Posts to use PMs)

(Rules thread)

·
Premium Member
04 SSR
3,171 Posts
Welcome my friend to the show that never ends.

I know it short notice but please consider a road trip to show off your new ride and meet some others.
Details can be found on the following thread
https://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/f25/meet-greet-central-ohio-all-welcome-7-29-2018-a-242522/

We hope you can attend
Come on down! come on down.

Rest assured you'll get your money's worth!

We'll pull laughter from skies
You'll laugh until you cry

Come on down
Come on down
You've got to come on down.
.:party

:imsorry: just getting a little over excited.:hyper:

·
Super Moderator
14,088 Posts
NOS to me is Nitrous Oxide System
OEM is Optional Equipment Manufacturing
I am guessing you have OEM RAE - Hard Saddle Bags

Either that or you have some very fast bags!

·
Super Moderator
14,088 Posts
Dale, try New Old Stock. You need to work on older vehicles.
HaHa! Okay Sean - point taken
I have definitely worked on old cars - just not a term I have used or am familiar with

When I moved to my current location the young lad from across the street saw me pull in with my 96 Cobra
He said, "Sweet - is it NOS?"

I didn't know what to say then either! HaHa!

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,620 Posts
sorry but i did not know this about the posts fred
Now you are at 15 and can use PMs for your sale. Or you can spend $25 a year and post contact information. Also available is Lifetime supporting membership for $99. You have been very active since joining so maybe one of the supporting options is a good idea. No Pressure though.

·
Ret. Air Force
3,724 Posts

Dale, try New Old Stock. You need to work on older vehicles.
Sorry Dale, but I think OEM is Original Equipment Manufacturer...
...but I too had NO IDEA what NOS was...so, thanks sprooney.
:nerd:

·
Premium Member
9,391 Posts

Nope - NOS is standard lingo for New Old Stock. Several companies specializing in NOS parts for many classics.

Major difference in value between NOS and Reproduction. I remember when I was looking for original components for my 67 GTO, NOS was gold!

·
Premium Member
19,991 Posts
Nope - NOS is standard lingo for New Old Stock. Several companies specializing in NOS parts for many classics.

Major difference in value between NOS and Reproduction. I remember when I was looking for original components for my 67 GTO, NOS was gold!
67 GTO huh, my son is trying his best to get his uncles 65 GTO that's been sitting in his grandmothers garage since late 70's . Sadly it has no engine . That's long gone.

·
Premium Member
9,391 Posts
67 GTO huh, my son is trying his best to get his uncles 65 GTO that's been sitting in his grandmothers garage since late 70's . Sadly it has no engine . That's long gone.
Sounds like a great candidate for a RestoMod rebuild. An LS3 is a ideal powerplant. If it's a manual equipped GTO, a Tremec 6 speed would make it a monster on the street. Add some new suspension parts and disk brakes, and you have the ultimate cruiser.

I had a 4 speed in my 67, which is a good thing. With 4 wheel drum brakes, you had to shift from 4th to 3rd to 2nd before using the brakes. They had a tendency to fade before stopping the car if you tried brakes only.

Reactions: Garys05SSR

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This is starting to sound like the Ames Pontiac Forum that I belong to also! 65 2plus 2 convertible four speed tripower and a 67 Lemans with 18k miles four speed

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,743 Posts
just bought a 05 ssr with 4k miles and in the bed were two hard saddle bags wrapped in moving blankets. These have 2 rails still in plastic with the key! There is a bracket mounted to each side of the saddlebags! I am asking 499.00 for both and would prefer a local pick up! I live in the cleveland area in the summer and in nj in the fall and winter. Thank you! Fred (non-supporting members must use private messages to communicate for sales. You will need 15 posts to use pms)

(rules thread)
back to the sale!!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts