Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went to Das Augkst Fest at Macungie Park, in Macungie, PA on Saturday. It's a fantastic three day car show with over 3,000 antique and custom cars. My wife and I drove in through the gates and were immediately swamped with lookers. We could barely manage to park the SSR, because there were people gathering all around us. It's amazing, because we were the only SSR there. Everyone stated that the Slingshot Yellow was made for the SSR body style. I was hoarse by the end of the night answering everyone's questions. My answer to them, as far as the color was concerned, was that every color looks good on the SSR. The best part of this whole thing, was that later model cars aren't allowed in the show, as this show is for vintage and classic cars. But we thought we'd give it a try, and as we approached the main gate, three attendents stood up and welcomed us with open arms, and as we paid our way in, they just kept complimenting the car. Some of the cars that parked next to us, only stayed for a short time and then looked for a new spot, because they weren't getting any attention. People would bypass they're classic or vintage cars and walk right up to our SSR. Later on in the evening, an Inca Gold Prowler snuck in and parked next to us. I set my SSR with the rear lid and gate open, and put the top halfway down. It put the Prowler completely to shame and he ended up shaking my hand and then got in his Prowler and moved to another space a few rows down.

I owned a lot of Vettes and special interest cars in my day, but my wife and I were really amazed at the crowds this Slingshot Yellow SSR brought our way :thumbs :leaving :cool :ssr , and we smiled all the way home like proud parents of an honor roll student.

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
That is too cool! Wish I had been there, I am NOT a Prowler fan and would love to see the look of"shame" from the owner. :thumbs

·
Registered
110 Posts
As I mentioned yesterday, we took our '04 Slingshot to a cruise-in on Saturday, not being too sure if they would even let us in. As we approached the entry gates people started to gather to watch us drive in. We told the gate attendants it was a 'heavily modified 49 Chev truck'....c omments as we entered the park almost 100% were 'oh look-I've always wanted to see one of those!".

We were surrounded by on-lookers all through the day and as we walked through the rows of cars we noticed a goodly number of new Mustangs, a Saleen, a Lightening, and several other 2000 and up entries.

Judging was all day and participants did the voting, two trophies in each class. Award time found us with a group of friends chatting away when we heard the words "And FIRST place in the 2000 and up is the BEAUTIFUL 2004 YELLOW SSR OWNED BY RANDY AND BARB MOSHER, be sure to go over and take a look at this gorgeous truck"....talk about a jaw dropper! Randy is still grinning.

It was great fun sharing our knowledge about the SSR's and seeing those gleams in the eyes and wiping drool off her fenders. Interesting enough, many of the women decided it was a 'chick truck' and that they needed one too! :cool

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
randynbarb said:
As I mentioned yesterday, we took our '04 Slingshot to a cruise-in on Saturday, not being too sure if they would even let us in. As we approached the entry gates people started to gather to watch us drive in. We told the gate attendants it was a 'heavily modified 49 Chev truck'....c omments as we entered the park almost 100% were 'oh look-I've always wanted to see one of those!".
Interesting...just curious, why wouldn't they let you in, as they had a class for 2000 and up? You should never have to make an excuse for it either. I would never of told them it's a '49 Chevy truck. I'm proud of what it is. Are people that gullible? Especially at a car show. :)

And, not to be contrary, as this truck is for everyone, but I found in my dealings with people that day, that most of the compliments came for the males. They loved the color and considering doing their street rods the Slingshot. :flag

·
Registered
110 Posts
Some of the car shows here limit their entries...we didn't know in advance that they even had a 2000 and over class. We were kidding them about it being a '49 and a couple thought we were serious. (Remember, this was in the hill country here!)

I can't post photo's here but can send you one if you PM me - from my office e-mail account. The only negative comment we've ever heard (from some dufus driving a real beater) was that it looked like a school bus. Idiot.

Randy is very, very proud of his SSR...we put on very expensive Boyd wheels and had it lowered and a few pin striping lines....it is beautiful! We started out with a Smokin Asphault one but Randy had his heart set on the Slingshot so we traded UP!

We have a cool purple hotrod so the yellow looks great as a garage mate.
Never fear, we wouldn't dream of being embarrased with our SSR... :cool

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:flag
randynbarb said:
Some of the car shows here limit their entries...we didn't know in advance that they even had a 2000 and over class. We were kidding them about it being a '49 and a couple thought we were serious. (Remember, this was in the hill country here!)

I can't post photo's here but can send you one if you PM me - from my office e-mail account. The only negative comment we've ever heard (from some dufus driving a real beater) was that it looked like a school bus. Idiot.

Randy is very, very proud of his SSR...we put on very expensive Boyd wheels and had it lowered and a few pin striping lines....it is beautiful! We started out with a Smokin Asphault one but Randy had his heart set on the Slingshot so we traded UP!

We have a cool purple hotrod so the yellow looks great as a garage mate.
Never fear, we wouldn't dream of being embarrased with our SSR... :cool

·
Premium Member
6,376 Posts
When we go to a car show I think our Smokin Asphalt SSR looks more like a street rod with the top up! My wife thinks it gets more attention with the top down.
What would a poll on this site show? :confused

Scott 0168 :ssr

·
Thank You To Our Troops
19,853 Posts
I got some "nose prints" on my SSR yesterday when my dog got to ride in it for the first time! He sat up there proud and wanted everybody to see his ride!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts