Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
Wife Out Town?

Yaller Dog said:
He didn't have a whole lot to do that day did he? :jester
His wife must be out of town and not able to monitor his progress on his " honey do list".

·
Registered
110 Posts
Works both ways guys...

Randy is gone all week (usually home Wednesday night-well, at least until 11:00pm or so) so he's notorious for giving me a humoungous "can you please do..." lists-hours upon hours of driving alone gives him plenty of time to ponder!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Yeah you're right! I do have a lot of time on my hands since I'm retired and I enjoy comradery with other ssr owners, and I thought that's why we were all here. I don't appreciate the rude remark about my wife not being home and "honey do list". I have a great family with two beautiful grandchildren, and I have taught my children as well as my grandchildren to respect other people. I do take offense to this post and I do think it was uncalled for. I'm only trying to participate, and it seems that by the responses to most of my posts, that most people enjoyed them and participated. I don't think that my posts are any more "nosey" than anyone elses. I'm not even sure why you targeted me. I hope that this critiscism is only coming from a couple of people, since I do enjoy being a member here.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Don't mind the Questions

Larry,

I don't mind your questions. I notice most of the comments except for one came from other yellow SSR's. Maybe it's a color thing.

Anyway keep them coming, it's better to have some discussions rather than to say nothing at all.

Carl
04 Silver

·
Registered
110 Posts
Lucky you...

to be already retired...we're counting the months for semi-retirement!
I think, Father L, that this is all in jest.....we all have the 'to-do' lists whether they be from a partner or just our own doing. Enjoy your life, have fun with the grandkids and give us poor working slobs the benefit of the doubt (Randy works 60 hour weeks). :yawn

·
Registered
416 Posts
FatherLarry: Lighten up. I don't see any reason for you to take offense at the "wife out of town / honey-do list" remark. It does appear at times like you're collecting market research data ...

(All of this PC, don't offend anyone or else crap is really starting to get old.)

·
Registered
591 Posts
FatherLarry said:
Yeah you're right! I do have a lot of time on my hands since I'm retired and I enjoy comradery with other ssr owners, and I thought that's why we were all here.
:agree

Keep them coming Father, I enjoy your threads and posts more than the speed and performance ones (like trying to make a 1959 Buick the fastest car on the block). :lol

Redline Red :ssr

George

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
We're All Friends!!!

freezer said:
I guess that seeing all of the questions all at once caused me wonder. I usually don't say anything about these posts.
ISN'T IT ODD THAT MOST OF US ARE WILLING TO GIVE OUT INFO TO SOMEONE WE HAVEN'T MET? FATHER LARRY KNOWS THINGS ABOUT ME THAT EVEN MY HUBBY DOESN'T KNOW :glol :glol( LIKE HOW FAST I DRIVE) :nono

·
Registered
256 Posts
JAustin said:
FatherLarry: Lighten up. I don't see any reason for you to take offense at the "wife out of town / honey-do list" remark. It does appear at times like you're collecting market research data ...

(All of this PC, don't offend anyone or else crap is really starting to get old.)
There's nothing offensive about that comment alone. It's the context that it was in...rather than the actual statement itself.. it was the jeering attitudes that I found offensive.

As far as the posts sounding like market research, then you need to visit some other sites, such as the Corvette Forum, Z06Vette, ZR1 Net, and my own forum..as a matter of fact. I got the ideas from other sites, just to generate some conversation... if you find it to be nosey questions, then don't answer the posts. Sorry if I offended anyone, but my intent wasn't to be nosey but to make the board more interesting and have a little fun. It did break up the boredom didn't it?

I do appreciate the maturity and open mindedness of the people who came to my defense. Why these posts would even need a defense, is beyond me.

·
Registered
515 Posts
No biggie!

Don't let it bother you one way or another, the whole idea of any forum is communication and shared information. I think that they were just trying to break your stones a little bit. I just put two large posts up today, being on vacation and having the time to do so. If people read and enjoy, then that is what it is all about, if not and they want to make a fun comment, so what. As long as someone responds to your thread and the communication lines are open, keep posting, like one of the previous posts said, better to post and chat, than not to post at all.
My .02 :ssr :ssr :ssr Tom

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
As long as someone responds to your thread and the communication lines are open, keep posting, like one of the previous posts said, better to post and chat, than not to post at all.
My .02 :ssr :ssr :ssr Tom[/QUOTE]

:agree

Being a female owner of an SSR. I felt leery about posting threads on an almost male site! Now, I don't care anymore!! Read it or don't!!!! I read all of them whether I post a reply or not.

·
Registered
80 Posts
freezer said:
Is it my imagination or is FatherLarry rather nosey?
Talk about annoying and nosey questions, just talk to an engineer!!!!
Not necessary to get critical on this forum. Keep it light and not uptight.They should have named the yellow paint "Mellow Yellow"

·
Original SSR Centerfold
3,153 Posts
hotrodgirl said:
Being a female owner of an SSR. I felt leery about posting threads on an almost male site! Now, I don't care anymore!! Read it or don't!!!! I read all of them whether I post a reply or not.

Look who the #1 poster is. You ladies shouldn't feel leery at all.

·
Registered
110 Posts
what me worry?

About being female.....responding on this site, naw. Randy is gone all week but loves to hear and or read what I bring home; he feels connected vicariously. And if the guys don't like what I write-so be it...sometimes maybe I don't like what they write either. Delete and back keys are pretty easy to use.

If you're not living on the edge then you're taking up too much room!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.