Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got off the phone with my dealer and he told me that my SSR was released for transport but held up until tomorrow waiting for a final inspection! He said he'll know more on Monday! REALPROWLERFAN can you double check with your source if this true? Thanks! We have a chance here of snow this weekend! He!! of a weekend for a convertible!

:cheers :confused :banghead :cuss

·
Registered
87 Posts
Not Shipped Yet!

RON,

I spoke to you on the phone a month or so ago. Mine is also held. My dealer in Michigan as well as my company fleet manager got the same story from the 'launch center'.... First dealer shipments from the 'Craft Centre' were to leave this weekend. They said it had something to do with the shipper. My wife's C5 is sold and I need to get a plane ticket to Detroit.... but when.

S

·
0 Posts
I was by the Craft Center on Saturday and the storage lot along I496 where there is probably 300 to 500 SSR's waiting for loading and nothing was leaving. A block away they were loading the other vehicles made at Lansing Assembly and the Craft Center which indicates they do load and ship on Saturday.

R

·
0 Posts
I would suggest calling the plant to pursue with your order number. I promised the contact I have that I would not release name and phone number. With my visit to plant and contact since GM is insisting on perfection with these trucks and don't want to release problem vehicles. I still can't believe that they crushed all the trucks I saw being built in July, complete with engines, seats etc.!! With 50 coming off the line daily, and a parking lot full of SSR's at the plant as I have witnessed the last 3 weeks, they are shipping!! I am being patient and respecting the request that I not call until tomorrow to check status on my truck which was to have been started last week. I will ask with my phone call tomorrow to plant what the actual time is in plant, from start to finish. Good Luck!!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks!!!

realprowlerfan said:
I would suggest calling the plant to pursue with your order number. I promised the contact I have that I would not release name and phone number. With my visit to plant and contact since GM is insisting on perfection with these trucks and don't want to release problem vehicles. I still can't believe that they crushed all the trucks I saw being built in July, complete with engines, seats etc.!! With 50 coming off the line daily, and a parking lot full of SSR's at the plant as I have witnessed the last 3 weeks, they are shipping!! I am being patient and respecting the request that I not call until tomorrow to check status on my truck which was to have been started last week. I will ask with my phone call tomorrow to plant what the actual time is in plant, from start to finish. Good Luck!!
Haven't heard nothing from my dealer! Thanks for the infor!

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Rick is a great guy!

kwhopper89 said:
Just tried the links - dont seem to be working for me.

Try: http://www.corvetteconti.com

Enter the site and take the SSR link at
lower right of page main page...
I know Rick personally. He is a great guy to work with and a straight shooter!

:cheers

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
Seem like he knows his 'vettes.

How many other dealers had a SSR delivered and taken away???

Still wondering what happens to the early VIN's? Are they reissued to actual production vehicles???

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Crushed! and NO!

kwhopper89 said:
Seem like he knows his 'vettes.

How many other dealers had a SSR delivered and taken away???

Still wondering what happens to the early VIN's? Are they reissued to actual production vehicles???
They crushed the early VIN#'s and they didn't reissue them! I had VIN # 26 first!

R

·
0 Posts
Delays are getting old!!!!!

INFORMED OF YET ANOTHER DELAY!!! THE FUN AND NEWNESS OF THIS NEW TRUCK HAS ABOUT WORN OFF!!!!!!!!!! GETTING A NEW REAR WHEEL DRIVE TRUCK/CONVERTIBLE IN FREEZING, SNOWY, COLD WINTER WEATHER WILL TAKE THE REST OF THE FUN OUT OF THIS VEHICLE AND BY NEXT SPRING IT WILL PROBABLY HAVE DEPRECIATED TO LESS THAN WHAT I PAID!!! IS IT WORTH IT??? FROM LATE JULY, TO EARLY SEPT, THEN LATE SEPT. THEN LATE OCT. NOW ANOTHER DELAY!!!!!!!!

I FEEL SORRY FOR OWNERS OF THOSE SIGNATURE SERIES AS THEY ARE PROBABLY GOING TO BE LOADED WITH PROBLEMS IF SO MANY NEW PROBLEMS HAVE SURFACED.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts