Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Saturday evening I received a conversation here from a local or former SSR owner telling me they saw me driving Blur and it looked good. Hmmmmm, That's funny we are in Biloxi Miss. and could not be in Louisburg NC area driving the R. I was thinking maybe someone broke in and took our beloved ride so I texted a neighbor to do a drive around and inspect the garage and house. The guy did and called us telling all looked perfect and no break in. Whew, now I can sleep. We hang up the phone at around 9pm. At 9:03 he calls back to tell me when he attempted to BACK OUT of my yard he crashed into our well head in the side yard. It is covered with a fiberglass fake rock and he BACKED into it. WHAT?!?!?!? So With water pumping out the broken pipe he was frantic asking how to shut the water off. Claiming to be the stupidest person on the planet he worked frantically and got it shut off. He said He didn't know what happened but he could see that something fell down into the well cause he could see in it. Being about 1000 miles away what could we do? Nothing! I also need to explain we have 2+ acres to turn your car around and DRIVE OUT, 3 driveways lead out to the back yard and he decides to BACK out at night! Plus I personally think he was a bit stoned cause he puffs a lot on the funny smelling weed stuff. I have only 1 way to explain why a guy almost 50 still puffs..."We All Have Our Own Way of GOING CRAZY" Mine is cars.
Anyway our return flight home to sure enough a broken well pump pipe. Almost 4 hours in 25 degrees, a hired helper to pull up the HEAVY pump by the 220 volt wires so we can repair the PVC pipe, got out loads of tools and supplies, drove TWO 40 mile trips to Lowes for supplies and we have water again. So the moral of this crazy TRUE story is. My LOVELY bride said If someone steals your ride......
THAT's WHAT INSURANCE IS FOR! Don't Panic.
Thanks for listening, now back outside to finish up the wiring! Dave

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,458 Posts
You can tell that story for years ! I do wish that OnStar was available for the SSR.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
It will become a "story" you can laugh about in time and I have found life is full of them. Some just take longer to get to the laugh about part. Glad everything was safe.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,458 Posts
I agree with you Dwight, a couple of GM's engineers had said that OnStar would not be available on the SSR because for some reason they felt the hard-top convertible roof would somehow cause possible interference with the OnStar signal.
At the time there was no good place to put the ON GLASS antenna for the cellular phone portion of the system (I think).

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
39,130 Posts
Wow that's some story glad you got it repaired what's the odds.

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
Dang Kenn! Sure am sorry to read this story... But you certainly proved your love for that cool little SSR!

·
Premium Member
1,618 Posts
:rolleyes:
Wow, lots of interesting (bits and pieces ) in this post. First of all, seemed like just maybe more questions should have been asked as to the one that thought he saw him riding in his SSR..........He for sure is not the only owner of a blue one and thus the owner (way out of town) might have asked a few more questions before jumping into conclusions.

Also, "stoned" or not, his neighbor maybe is/was getting to the age where rotating your body/neck around sufficiently to view your backing up path is no longer possible. While I have no use for them, this scenario would indeed prove the value of one of those "back up cameras". Cause a "fake rock" that hides a pump or whatever, is typically not tall enough to be viewed from the drivers seat unless it was way far back.

Thus, the whole deal led to what we all know as a (Clluster F**k).:cool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts