Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well folks, as many of you know, Miss Daisy was actually in my wife's name, so technically it was her's! But not anymore! :nodno

Two days ago we bought a just-released Envoy Denali (see below) and I have to admit, the Denali is SWEET! (OnStar, XM, Navigation System, etc. Black with Gray leather interior!) Well, my wife has graciously TRADED cars with me!

Miss Daisy is all mine!
Let the party begin!

:party

Attachments

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Congrats on the adoption of Miss Daisy, you must have a wonderful wife!!!! Looks like a good trade on her part. Nice ride.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
A hand me down.

Most kids just hate hand me downs.

Well... I guess is not quite the same thing when and SSR is involved.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Sounds like a deal to me. I wouldn't mind driving either. My SSR is much funner than my SUV (Durango SLT) though. I drive the Durango to work since I have to haul computers/parts around and the SSR for everything else. Hubby drives whatever I leave at home. I guess I have the best of both worlds - I get to take my pick! Hubby has a 45 ft. '05 Prevost entertainer coach that he drives most of the time though. :lol

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,610 Posts
Two great deals!

Buffy said:
... Two days ago we bought a just-released Envoy Denali (see below) and I have to admit, the Denali is SWEET! (OnStar, XM, Navigation System, etc. Black with Gray leather interior!) Well, my wife has graciously TRADED cars with me!

Miss Daisy is all mine! Let the party begin!
WOW John,

Congrats on getting two great vehicles! First, Miss Daisy is now with it's most deserving owner! (of course we all had to know that you would finally end up being the true owner someday) ;)

Two, you bought a SUPER nice SUV... the Denali is fully equipped and having the navigation system on it is really the cats meow! I love using that system... great on trips and finding locations (banks, restaurants, hotels, tourist locations) very easily. Someday all vehicles will have that as an option. I wanted to see it on the new H3 but they aren't available on them just yet.
:mad

·
Jeff & Terri
1,120 Posts
Congratulation, now you can do what you want to her. :thumbs I know how you fell about the Denali, I bought my wife a new 2005 Tahoe with everthing.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Update to old joke

As Henny Youngman would say, "I got a SSR for my wife, it was the best deal I ever made".

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Can't wait to share all of these jokes with my wife! :lol :lol

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Buffy said:
Well folks, as many of you know, Miss Daisy was actually in my wife's name, so technically it was her's! But not anymore! :nodno

Two days ago we bought a just-released Envoy Denali (see below) and I have to admit, the Denali is SWEET! (OnStar, XM, Navigation System, etc. Black with Gray leather interior!) Well, my wife has graciously TRADED cars with me!

Miss Daisy is all mine!
Let the party begin!

You know the ONE BIG THING that I forgot to mention?

The Denali has the same motor, tranny, rearend, etc. that's in our SSR's!!!!

·
Las Vegas Mob
1,371 Posts
Buffy said:

You know the ONE BIG THING that I forgot to mention?

The Denali has the same motor, tranny, rearend, etc. that's in our SSR's!!!!
Buffy, I have an '02 Envoy that has been an ultra-reliable workhorse for me, and I bet you'll get the same kind of service from yours (ooops! - I mean your wife's) new Envoy. The new Denali is something I would love to upgrade to were it not for that pesky money thing! But I'm curious - is the 5.3 in the Denali the all-aluminum version as in our SSR's??

Blast

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
BlastfromPast said:
Buffy, I have an '02 Envoy that has been an ultra-reliable workhorse for me, and I bet you'll get the same kind of service from yours (ooops! - I mean your wife's) new Envoy. The new Denali is something I would love to upgrade to were it not for that pesky money thing! But I'm curious - is the 5.3 in the Denali the all-aluminum version as in our SSR's??

Blast
It's the same, all-aluminum motor EXCEPT it has an option called Displacement on Demand (DOD), which cuts off cylinders while in cruising mode and cuts them back in if needed.

I was a little nervous about that, but I must admit, I cannot tell when it kicks in or out AND I bought the 100,000 warranty to make sure I don't have to worry!

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
Hi John, l also bought a Denali Envoy , liquid siver , l cannot tell the difference in the motor .this is my fourth Envoy. A great vehicle for a tow car :seeya Kay

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Furykay said:
Hi John, l also bought a Denali Envoy , liquid siver , l cannot tell the difference in the motor .this is my fourth Envoy. A great vehicle for a tow car :seeya Kay

Thanks Kay!

That makes me feel better. I haven't towed anything yet, but plan to shortly.

I wanted the Liquid Silver, but they couldn't find one close, so I got BLACK! (The 5th of July deadline for the GM Employee Discount was getting close too!)

As usual, when it's clean, it outstanding! When it's dirty, it's REALLY dirty! :lol

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,610 Posts
Gms

Buffy said:
... I wanted the Liquid Silver, but they couldn't find one close, so I got BLACK! (The 5th of July deadline for the GM Employee Discount was getting close too!)
I believe the GMS for everyone will be extended one more month!

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Marc NY said:
I believe the GMS for everyone will be extended one more month!
FRANKFURT (Reuters) - General Motors might extend through July its U.S. program that gives all customers the same steep discounts that it offers employees, its North American marketing chief has been quoted as saying.

"We're biased to doing it because it has worked so well," car industry newspaper Automotive News quoted Mark LaNeve as saying in Washington on Friday.

The report published on Monday said the world's biggest carmaker would decide whether to prolong the successful offer as its scheduled expiration date of July 5 neared. GM announced the unprecedented offer on June 1.

LaNeve said dealers had been asking that the special incentive continue.

GM officials were not immediately available to comment.

U.S. new car sales figures for June due on Friday are expected to show sharp sales gains for GM as a result of the programme to clear out excess inventory.

Number-two U.S. automaker Ford Motor Co. responded by offering its U.S. workers and retirees up to $1,000 to get their friends, family and neighbors to buy vehicles with special employee discounts in a bid to boost sagging sales.

GM, which saw U.S. vehicle sales slip 5.5 percent in May, has led Detroit's profit-eroding price war since it launched interest-free loan deals to draw buyers to showrooms after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks on the United States.

But both it and Ford had seen their U.S. market share slip this year amid an onslaught from Asian rivals.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Buffy said:

Miss Daisy is all mine!
Let the party begin!

Hey Big Guy: Never heard of this new Envoy Denali so I pulled it up on the web..... NICE!!!! Will you bring the biker chicks along with Miss Daisy or will they go with the Jimmie?

Enjoy the Parte'..........

1 - 19 of 19 Posts