Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....about everyone's passion for the SSR. I just purchased a 2004 Ultra Violet on Tuesday, September 13th, in Minnesota. The 614 mile trip back home was a revelation regarding the ride and handling of the vehicle. It was hard to wipe the grin off my face after getting home 9 hours later. I live in the Southern Black Hills of South Dakota and I took the long way home through the hills with the top down. I saw one red SSR on the way out and a black one on the way home.

Randy

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Ahhh That SSR Feeling!

Ahhhh THAT SSR FEELING!

We made a trip out to the Black Hills in the summer of 1995. Wish I would have had the SSR for that one. I have to tell you South Dakota is the most friendliest state I have ever been in. Looking forward to returning someday. How is Crazy Horse coming? I found that fascinating.

I'll bet you had the best view other that the coastal lines in that SSR!!!

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,200 Posts
Welcome Aboard

Randy,

You are joining with as fine group of informed owners as exists on the web. We all share the passion for the vehicles, even though we may have a different focus...... some for speed, some for custom, some for cruising, but all of it passionate. HotRodGirl too.

You are now hooked.

Mike

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hotrodgirl said:
Ahhhh THAT SSR FEELING!

We made a trip out to the Black Hills in the summer of 1995. Wish I would have had the SSR for that one. I have to tell you South Dakota is the most friendliest state I have ever been in. Looking forward to returning someday. How is Crazy Horse coming? I found that fascinating.

I'll bet you had the best view other that the coastal lines in that SSR!!!
hotrodgirl,

Crazy Horse is still coming along, slowly but surely. His head is finished and they are now working on the horse. Crazy Horse holds a 10K Volksmarch every June and it is free if you don't want to buy any medals (at least it was). I did the Volksmarch 3 times and part of the trail takes you out onto Crazy Horse's arm. The view up there is breath taking. Custer State Park is not very far from where I live and you can usually see large herds of buffalo, antelope, deer, prairie dogs, and turkey. Sometimes, depending on time of day, you can see elk and they also have mountain goats mountain sheep.

By the way, Crazy Horse is about 35 miles north of me.

Randy

·
Registered
256 Posts
SSR passion

I like that expression mikem-2005. It's what Fever is to Corvette.

Good luck with your new ride! Love that color. :ssr :thumbs :flag

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FatherLarry said:
SSR passion

I like that expression mikem-2005. It's what Fever is to Corvette.

Good luck with your new ride! Love that color. :ssr :thumbs :flag

Thank you. I originally wanted a Slingshot but the deal on this particular SSR was too good to pass up.

Randy

·
Registered
256 Posts
Buffalo said:
Thank you. I originally wanted a Slingshot but the deal on this particular SSR was too good to pass up.

Randy

Randy, that color that you purchased, not only looks great in sunlight, it takes on different shades with different casts of light, plus it's a very low production number in that color, so you got a lot more for your money than you think. :thumbs :) :)

·
Jim-n-Tanya
1,354 Posts
Passion

My wife tells me I am not allowed to purchase another vehicle for ten years. So far we have been married for 11 years and I have purchased 8 vehices. Of course she wasn't around before that. I am 39 years old and I have purchased around 28 cars in my life time. My first being a 1967 Chevelle SS. I do miss her, but time goes on.
Since I have purchased my SSR I have sold three vehicles. I don't desire to drive anything else. Sponge Bob has cured my desire and needs for the most awsome vehicle I have ever owned. Evey time I park him I have seperation anxiety.
I travel alot and in my travels I meet all types of people, they only fuel my desire to drive my :ssr . If you are blessed with the chance to aquire one of these freedom machines you must grasp the chance.
Thanks GM for the vehicle I have been waiting for since 1999 when you said it might become a production vehicle!

:thumbs :flag :flag :flag :flag

·
Registered
262 Posts
ssr fanatic

AGAIN, WELCOME TO ANOTHER U/V 04 OWNER, FROM A KY U/V.
IF YOU HAVE NOT READ THE " WHEN DID YOU BECOME AN SSR FANATIC" THREAD, YOU ARE IN FOR A TREAT ! I LAUGHED UNTIL I THOUGHT MY SIDE WAS GOING TO SPLIT, SEEING MY SELF MANY TIMES IN THOSE WHO RESPONDED.

I CAN'T FIND THE "WHEN DID YOU ..." THREAD TONIGHT, CAN ANYONE HELP ??

MY RESPONSE TO THE PROMO TRUCK UNVEILING WAS THAT I WAS WILLING TO SELL THREE OF MY "BABIES" TO FUND A NEW SSR !!! THE ONES THAT GOT AWAY, WERE AN 86 MONTE AEROCOUPE OF 10 YEARS, A 56 BELAIR , NASSAU & HARBOR BLUE AIR CAR OF 14 YEARS AND MY DRIVER, A 90 SS454 WHIPPLE S/C PICKUP OF 7 YEARS AND AS MUCH AS I ENJOYED THOSE, THE SSR IS MY PRIDE & JOY WITH NOT A SINGLE REGRET ! THIS IS THE BEST HANDLING, MOST STRIKING LOOKING PIECE OF DETROIT IRON AROUND AND THE MOST FUN I CAN REMEMBER HAVING IN A VEHICLE.

CIRCLE K :ssr

1 - 10 of 10 Posts