Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! Glad to be a part of the SSR form. Dallas TX based and proud to have an 05 Yellow SSR. (Marley) I am currently having a problem opening my driver door. I can only open it from the inside. My mechanic said I need the full assembly of an Acurator. I haven’t had any luck finding any so far. Any suggestions or does anyone have that part for sale?

·
Registered
504 Posts
Contact Dicktator. He has replacements in stock.
You send him yours, he sends you a replacement for a fee.
Check the DIY Library by Dicktator for details.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,570 Posts

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,637 Posts
AsphaltMarley, Where are in Dallas? I lived there 62 years! AND--Welcome from Forney Texas!!! You will discover that you have found the BEST FORUM ever! -----Consider going to "Tools" in the red banner, click on "User CP" go to "Your Profile" then click "Edit Your Details". Then, whenever you "post" something, it will show in the left column under your name, like the rest of us, and we will know where you are and what you drive. Then if you have a problem, someone close by might be able to help out.

Nick & Kathy

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
ASPHALTMARLEY - Good to have you in the club. Welcome from NW Chicago and as I tell all friends, DUCK when you come through. These people
will walk you through the problem and you will be up and running in no time. All the best, WSK - LAZY ONE

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,198 Posts
Hi! Glad to be a part of the SSR form. Dallas TX based and proud to have an 05 Yellow SSR. (Marley) I am currently having a problem opening my driver door. I can only open it from the inside. My mechanic said I need the full assembly of an Acurator. I haven’t had any luck finding any so far. Any suggestions or does anyone have that part for sale?
There are two possibilities for the root cause of your issue.

1. The rod that connects the outer handle to the door latch module has fallen off. If this is the case, you need to reconnect the rod.

2. The small cast pivot in the outer door handle has failed. If this is the case, you need to replace the outer door handle assembly. There is also the possibility that the pivot screw has backed out of the outer handle assembly and is residing in the bottom of the door, right next to the cast pivot that fell off with it.

My money is on #2........... I have seen several of these.

Oh.... by the way.... I have driver’s door latch modules too, if you insist on buying one....

Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts