Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2005 aqua blur 114k miles with the ball joint blues....bringing it back from the dead.
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do the readiness icons reset after how long? I don't have license plates and need to do a drive to reset them, are they quick? I think I have my car's electrical problems sorted out.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2006 S/C Silver & 2006 Pac Blue 6spd
1,276 Posts
Do the readiness icons reset after how long? I don't have license plates and need to do a drive to reset them, are they quick? I think I have my car's electrical problems sorted out.

Thanks

After resetting the codes and thus being 'not ready' I ran the above procedure and was good to go.

There was another post somewhere as well, I just can't find it at the moment.

·
SSR Pit Crew
2004 Silver SSR with Strips. Owned 16yrs. Start 9K, now 159K miles
13,882 Posts
2005, pull fuse #27 in engine fuse box, leave out for 20 minutes of so, to allow capacitors to discharge, clears codes and should reset ECM.
Dicktator

·
Premium Member
04 SSR
3,818 Posts
Sorry, this actually the exact opposite of what you want to do if you have already cleared the codes.
Some OBD2 monitors may have already run. Some monitors require that others have run and passed before going to the next monitor. Removing the fuse will clear the monitors that have run and passed and you will have to start over.

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
5,636 Posts

Thanks
In Texas we are allowed 2 NOT READY. In my case--1,565 MILES :mad:. All except evap and Cat reset pretty quick, around 100 miles. Evap and Cat were the last 2 two to rest, evap first at 1,565 miles, about what I normally drive in a year. Cat never did. Cat still not and after checking back Cat has NOT BEEN READY since I bought it in 2014. If you have time to read, the reset fiasco is on the last page. Here is my journey/mess Using a Smoke machine for a vacuum leak P0171 & P0174 My advise to Texans is NEVER clear codes. When the problem is fixed the Check engine light will turn itself off.

Nick

·
Registered
2005 aqua blur 114k miles with the ball joint blues....bringing it back from the dead.
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I have to get at least one to go away, I know CAT and EVAP are flashing, can't recall what the last is off hand...

UPDATE: Happy to report all but EVA are cleared, that's good enough to pass.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts