Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have had the 03 for almost 6 weeks now. Bought with 757 miles on the clock and now have 2500. I enjoy it immensely. Runs really well. Here are the items that I have noticed so far:
1- Engine has minor idle problem either with the A/C on or off, seems to dip a hundred rpm's or so and come right back up, although it has improved lately. No major concern, as I may put a tuner program in, which should solve that problem.

2- When driving over some road imperfections, have noticed that the front end jumps from side to side, as other members have pointed out, will probably switch the sway bars , like a few have done, seems that they are happy with the results of the upgraded bars.

3- On the fan issue that everyone is commenting on, so far my fan works great, it does come on as it is supposed to. Here in the Philly area it has been a very hot summer, just like about everywhere else. My engine runs just below 210, now when in traffic with the A/C off, it will start to creep up above 210. When I turn on the A/C, it willl come down to the 210 mark. Leaving the air on, temp will stay around the 210 area depending on the traffic situation. On the highway with the air on, no problem, 210 or lower all day long, or night.

4- The only major complaint that I have now is the driver's side window. When on a completely smooth road, there is no squeek, but when on a road with imperfections it is squeeking more than I would like it to. The squeek seems to be coming from the rubber moldings, may try some lube first. I know that it may need a simple adjustment, just have to decide on whether or not to let the dealer do it.

5- Glove box door needs two hands and some force to close. Probably some type of latch adjustment needed.

All in all, it is a great vehicle. I do miss the blinding acceleration from the the GTO, haven't really gotten into a WOT with the SSR yet, but I am sure that with the performance options available out there, I will be even happier yet!!!
Pics soon.................................................................................................Tom

·
Registered
416 Posts
5- Glove box door needs two hands and some force to close. Probably some type of latch adjustment needed.
Just open the glove box, reach in to the area just above where the lock catch is located and bend the latch "arm" slightly towards you.

·
Registered
110 Posts
no problem with the window not sealing properly under the rubber on the drivers side? LUCKY YOU...ours goes in on the 12th to see if they can fix that annoying misfire!

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JAustin said:
Just open the glove box, reach in to the area just above where the lock catch is located and bend the latch "arm" slightly towards you.

Tahnks will try that later.... :)

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
randynbarb said:
no problem with the window not sealing properly under the rubber on the drivers side? LUCKY YOU...ours goes in on the 12th to see if they can fix that annoying misfire!

About the window, failed to mention this this squeek happens with the window in the up position.....against the rubber.

Your idle problem seems worse than mine, I can't really say that I have a misfire, although that is what it might very well be, but with more mileage on the engine it appears to be getting better, will have to pay closer attention to it.

Let me know how you do with yours, hope they can correct the problem.....Tom

·
Registered
110 Posts
our window makes the squeek noise when it doesn't fit UNDER the rubber-very annoying and now the rubber is reformed so we have to pry it out once the window is closed. As I said, we're taking it in on the 12th to have the dealership FIX it, we hope!

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
randynbarb said:
our window makes the squeek noise when it doesn't fit UNDER the rubber-very annoying and now the rubber is reformed so we have to pry it out once the window is closed. As I said, we're taking it in on the 12th to have the dealership FIX it, we hope!
I have to figure out how to tell if the window is completely at the top of it's travel in the up position. It seems to fit in the channel correctly, will take a closer look.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
window sealing

Concerning the problem with the windows and rubber seals. I have a 2004 recently purchased new from the dealer and there was a probelm with the rubber seal being "creased" from the window being closed and pinching the seal. I solved my probelm by closing each door with the window rolled up. when the door is shut, I would press slightly on the top of the window in order for it to go into the seal properly, so as to not crease it. This was done for a week and now I have no problem with the seal on the window.
Now I can close my doors and the windows seal properly.
It beats waiting the two weeks my dealer said it would be to get new weatherstripping.
:ssr :seeya

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good Tip!!!

jleas524 said:
Concerning the problem with the windows and rubber seals. I have a 2004 recently purchased new from the dealer and there was a probelm with the rubber seal being "creased" from the window being closed and pinching the seal. I solved my probelm by closing each door with the window rolled up. when the door is shut, I would press slightly on the top of the window in order for it to go into the seal properly, so as to not crease it. This was done for a week and now I have no problem with the seal on the window.
Now I can close my doors and the windows seal properly.
It beats waiting the two weeks my dealer said it would be to get new weatherstripping.
:ssr :seeya
I think my window is going into the rubber the correct way, just don't know if it at the top. Will have to try your method and see what happens. The passenger side window is as quiet as can be. :) Tom

1 - 9 of 9 Posts