Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought it might be interesting to see what some people are saying or asking about the SSR! Here are a couple that came my way.

Oh! is that the new S10? (Yeah, right!)

Uh huh, it kinda looks like the old Studebakers. (Paleeeze!)

Hey Pardner, does it have a fifth wheel under that there cover? (Ha Ha)

Half ton Chevy pickup? Naahha

'Zit got a 4 or a 6 banger in it? VAAAARROOOOOOOMMM

Anyone else catch any of this?

·
Registered
468 Posts
Must be a Texas thing. ;) Seriously, though, I tend to get "Let's see what she's got!" hollered at me by some random idiot hanging out the window of their SUV, which are as common as bellybuttons in Colorado. (ok, so, I have an SUV too, but it's an S-Blazer, so it barely counts, right?) :nopity

For the most part, people have been really respectful, though. I still can't get over the whole camera-phone phenomenon - people come out of nowhere, aim a phone at you, and disappear. They don't even stop to talk. Wierd.

A really nice (but somewhat sheltered) neighbor came over to look at it last weekend, and although she really liked it, she hadn't a clue what to make of it. "Is it a truck?" "A car?" and when I put the top down she was completely, completely blown away. She stammered, "But, but that's just not what I expect, it's so strange!" I asked her what she thout a car should look like, and she pointed at her Buick.

"Lady," I said, "You need to get out of the house more."

·
Registered
168 Posts
car or truck

I finally drove my Redline to work last Friday. One of the girls in the office had her mouth wide open when I came in the door and with big eyes said, "What is THAT? Is it a car or a truck, or like an El Camino?" I guess she put me in my place. Up till then I thought I had something pretty special.

Mostly people just say, "Sweeet."

One girl rolled her window down at a stop light to simply ask, "What's somethin' like that go for?"

It is funny to hear some of the reactions, but most really are complimentary. What's most interesting to me is that almost everyone feels compelled to say something.

My company builds million-dollar custom motor coaches (newellcoach.com), which get a lot of attention and turn a lot of heads, but not like my SSR.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I get all kind of questions all the time
I don't really care, cuz I love the drive and the look
I think every else is just jealous
:lol :glol

R

·
0 Posts
Public response is incredible

Public response is phenomenal. I took my wife out in it yesterday since she wanted an ice cream. One minute into the parking lot at the Dairy Queen and a girl pulls in, asking to see the inside. "It's the first one I have ever seen!". she and everyone else says. The girl then says she's going to write a letter to home telling the family "she's seen an SSR!" Next stop two guys are eyeing it all over from their pickup. Another guy comes by in his truck, lays on the horn, and gives us double thumbs-up. About a dozen people pull a 360° with their necks as we drive down the road. Every store we stop in s crowd gathers at the front windows. Too much fun.:) Not a single negative comment at all!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I stopped at Pierce's BBQ in Williamsburg for dinner tonight. Several of the workers asked some questions about the SSR. They were very pleasant. When I finisded my meal, I told them to look out the window and I'd put down the top. There were five of them watching and gave me the thumbs up when it was down. Just then, a group of people on the other side of me, that just happened to be walking out, said "thank you". Blew me away, almost nobody says thank you any more.

What can I say? COOL TRUCK

Slingshot

M

·
0 Posts
I am sure I have not heard them all yet. I have gotten the "new S-10" one, the "does the top come down", and "Is it a car or a truck". I do love the looks it gets...all the heads that turn. Someday someone is going to hurt their neck.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I just got mine and took it 4 a ride in Ft. Lauderdale and cudn't believe how many people remarked on what a sweet machine it is.

Also, riding thru town at lunch hour pretty much stopped people in their tracks. Froze them solid while eating and/or talking. They just stare and point.

Also, it's a great MILF magnet.

:eek

·
Registered
413 Posts
remarks

I build custom cars and street rods and some people that know what I do ask me if it is new or something I built

·
Registered
19 Posts
have had mine for 2 weeks and people look point stare and even had a few run off the road. yesterday had me laughing a lady at the gas station said.. look at the " cute " little car... had me laughing the whole way home. i still have not seen another one on the road down here in ft. lauderdale. fun is all i can say.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts