Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks!
I just love my 2005 slingshot yellow 1SB with boards & gauges. 68 miles on the odometer...between vacations since I took delivery & inclement weather I have only been able to drive it for 66 miles! However, those were the sweetest one could imagine! Having had a 1979 L-82 yellow Corvette (the most disappointing vehicle I have ever owned) I was longing for a cool Chevy again. I've come close to purchasing the C-4 & C-5 but just didn't have the fire in the belly feeling after the "fever" broke in 2 days to buy one. I've liked trucks but wanted something with excitement. I love hot rods but wanted something livable. I love yellow on a vehicle and love retro. I wanted a retractable top vehicle but couldn't get interested in the two seaters on the market. I only buy American vehicles. I always thought the early 50's Chevy trucks were cool! Enter the SSR and BINGO!! All the above in a refined, sweet, hot rod, convertible truck! It embodies all the emotion and hype that any Chevrolet instilled in me in my 51 years! Viva SSR! Cleavermodels Rides: 1957 Chrysler 300C Hardtop, 2002 Escalade, 2002 Thunderbird, 2003 Buick Park Avenue Ultra, 2003 PT Cruiser GT Turbo Stage 1, 2005 SSR.

·
Registered
64 Posts
welcome to the club............I had a 95 ZRI with 6200 mi on it ...sold 2 months ago after I bought my SSR.............. no comparison...this is the best vehicle I ever owned.

Jim P
Dallas

·
Registered
601 Posts
cleavermodels said:
Hello folks!
I just love my 2005 slingshot yellow 1SB with boards & gauges. 68 miles on the odometer...between vacations since I took delivery & inclement weather I have only been able to drive it for 66 miles! However, those were the sweetest one could imagine! Having had a 1979 L-82 yellow Corvette (the most disappointing vehicle I have ever owned) I was longing for a cool Chevy again. I've come close to purchasing the C-4 & C-5 but just didn't have the fire in the belly feeling after the "fever" broke in 2 days to buy one. I've liked trucks but wanted something with excitement. I love hot rods but wanted something livable. I love yellow on a vehicle and love retro. I wanted a retractable top vehicle but couldn't get interested in the two seaters on the market. I only buy American vehicles. I always thought the early 50's Chevy trucks were cool! Enter the SSR and BINGO!! All the above in a refined, sweet, hot rod, convertible truck! It embodies all the emotion and hype that any Chevrolet instilled in me in my 51 years! Viva SSR! Cleavermodels Rides: 1957 Chrysler 300C Hardtop, 2002 Escalade, 2002 Thunderbird, 2003 Buick Park Avenue Ultra, 2003 PT Cruiser GT Turbo Stage 1, 2005 SSR.
I understand where you are coming from. I purchased mine in January and since then I only put 4,000 miles on it. Now since it is getting clod again it will be driven only a few times this winter. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts