Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That customized blue SSR from Chalmette, LA that I have been working on, ie changed ignition switch, RDEM, ABS Module (twice), freed all of the now working micro switches (all of them were stuck) replaced the top lift struts, replaced header switch, replaced header latches, troubleshot gremlin wiring problem, finally decided that the only thing left was a possible faulty solenoid. (I was waiting for one to come in from Dick.

I had the truck here for 10 days while Ron was ill, so I cleaned and 303 the engine compartment, cleaned and dressed all of the rubber on the truck, compounded, removed a lot dried on tree sap and waxed the truck. It looked great. Truck has a custom metallic flake blue paint job, lowered 2" Bell Tec front and rear,20" and 22" custom wheels, intergrated running boards, custom grill, hood and front and rear facia,headers, true dual exhaust, white cluster face plate and blue lighting.

Ron picked the truck up Saturday morning, he could not have been happier, big smile from ear to ear. He called this afternoon, his truck was parked on the driveway of his business, he heard a loud BOOM, went out side, his truck was a half a block down the street in a parking lot. They think the guy hit in the rear doing about 50 mph. The left rear wheel is about a foot from the left door. Truck is totaled.

We lost a very nice SSR but I gained a good friend.

Jack

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
3,456 Posts
? Oh My! Such terrible news for your friend and his custom SSR! Anything "Blue" had to be beautiful! Definitely everyone's worse nightmare to have your "R" totaled! But thank goodness he wasn't sitting in it!

Reactions: BlueStreak

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,379 Posts
Hellava deal!!!!! I hate STUFF like that. Make him NICE INVOICE for all the hard to find parts AND LABOR for the Insurance.

Nick

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Hopefully no one was hurt in the accident and that who ever hit it has good insurance. Sad to hear one get totaled. Sounds like it had a lot of nice things done to it.

·
Premium Member
2005 Redline SSR, 1990 Harley Davidson FatBoy FLSTF
164 Posts
That customized blue SSR from Chalmette, LA that I have been working on, ie changed ignition switch, RDEM, ABS Module (twice), freed all of the now working micro switches (all of them were stuck) replaced the top lift struts, replaced header switch, replaced header latches, troubleshot gremlin wiring problem, finally decided that the only thing left was a possible faulty solenoid. (I was waiting for one to come in from Dick.

I had the truck here for 10 days while Ron was ill, so I cleaned and 303 the engine compartment, cleaned and dressed all of the rubber on the truck, compounded, removed a lot dried on tree sap and waxed the truck. It looked great. Truck has a custom metallic flake blue paint job, lowered 2" Bell Tec front and rear,20" and 22" custom wheels, intergrated running boards, custom grill, hood and front and rear facia,headers, true dual exhaust, white cluster face plate and blue lighting.

Ron picked the truck up Saturday morning, he could not have been happier, big smile from ear to ear. He called this afternoon, his truck was parked on the driveway of his business, he heard a loud BOOM, went out side, his truck was a half a block down the street in a parking lot. They think the guy hit in the rear doing about 50 mph. The left rear wheel is about a foot from the left door. Truck is totaled.

We lost a very nice SSR but I gained a good friend.

Jack
Soooo very sorry to hear this sad news losing your SSR. Please report your VIN# so it unfortunately can be added to the deceased SSR VIN#'s.
Again so sorry, 90 Fatboy

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
2004 Smokin' Asphalt #11150
44,498 Posts
That just plain sucks, hope it all works out !!!!!!!! :surprise:

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,065 Posts
OMG, Jack..... After all the man hours that you’ve spent on this one. This is just a horrible end to a lot of love........

Sorry to hear this. Please share our regrets with the owner.....

Mike

·
Premium Member
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bounce Back!!!!!!!!!

Ron called me tonight. He bought a RED '05, six speed. I don't know how that will go with his knee problem. It has 16,000 miles and he said it he been well loved it's whole life. I am looking forward to seeing it.

Jack

·
RedHotSSR
605 Posts
SSR Hall of Fame

Jack your a "First ballot" inductee into the SSR owner "Hall of Fame" for sure. What you have unselfishly done, and continue to do for this Forum and it's members is an example of just one of the benefits of becoming a member of the "Forum".

Your comment of "Well at least you made a new friend" is a understatement, sir with ALL you did for this fellow R owner I'm surprised he offer to marry you. :grin2:

You helped me with my R and I am forever grateful for that.:grin2:

Just asking this question, If the R was in his driveway, did it somehow roll out into the street then get hit? :crying: Just wondering if it somehow got out of park and rolled back.

God bless you sir.

·
Premium Member
2,878 Posts
WOW, this makes me cringe. Especially because I have not yet switched to a collector car insurance policy yet.

I am glad he is OK and has found a replacement.

You are to be commended for all of the effort you put into making his SSR dream come alive on his old one - hopefully you can salvage some of the upgrades off the wrecked truck to install on his new truck.

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,269 Posts
So someone wrecked it Monday morning (was at work so maybe Monday?) and by Monday afternoon he has another one? That is dedication!

Agree with all the previous, sucks you stuck all that time into it but sounds like the new one will be trouble free :wink2:

·
Registered
245 Posts
Sad to hear of the loss of an "R", Hope no one was physically injured. Does anyone know if there's an SSR bone yard or does it just go to a crusher. It would seem that organ donors could be set up as stock body parts are near impossible to acquire. I've heard of specialty salvage yards in past years. I know there are insurance auctions but that's usually for rolling repairable damage.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Sad to hear of the loss of an "R", Hope no one was physically injured. Does anyone know if there's an SSR bone yard or does it just go to a crusher. It would seem that organ donors could be set up as stock body parts are near impossible to acquire. I've heard of specialty salvage yards in past years. I know there are insurance auctions but that's usually for rolling repairable damage.
Yes Cleveland Power & Performance buys a lot of them from the salvage auctions and parts them out. They have quite a bit on Ebay. There is another one up in the Washington State area who buys them when they are in that part of the country. Not sure who else but that is who I noticed got the largest part of them when I was watching the auctions pretty regularly.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts