Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are heading south to Warner Robbins on Tuesday afternoon so we can be in for the Wednesday night meet and greet. Any other Fanatics got road trip plans? I know RunFaster and Firetruck are heading that way as well.

OLDxR

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,610 Posts
I would love to go but not able to this trip.
Leaving next thursday. Stop in Laughlin and then across I 40 most of the way.

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
2,771 Posts
Well be leaving out of Cincinnati on Wednesday morning. Time not set yet. Flexible if anyone is coming through, but have to work Tuesday so.....

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
3,970 Posts
I've had to cancel my reservations due to this pipeline project still going for me. I was praying we would be done but no luck...

You guys all have a safe trip and keep wearing those PermaGrins!

·
Spirited driver!
1,708 Posts
I left California on the 15th. I'm in Nashville now but will be making a loop through Maggie Valley, Charlotte and Savannah on the way to Warner Robins. It will be nice to see some other R's. I have not seen another one on this trip yet!

·
Premium Member
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
PokerGuy....just wait....they’ll be popping up soon!

HUAW....I’ll drive your R down so it can at least attend?

Bluestreak....you have a safe trip! Best time of year for your R Ride?

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
trip

Wished we could. I have too many manufacturing shops that can't hold a schedule, and then add on top that they can't pass the tests. Too old for this crap.

Have fun everyone. Bee safe

·
Premium Member
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Medina SSR....would reall y enjoyed you and the better half! Stud muffins R is done and I’m hoping we can get back down there for another visit or they can head up here. Stay cool Vic....we come from a different time where projects came in early....not whenever! Glad I’m out of it...now it’s those dadgum honeydews

Dane

·
Premium Member
7,365 Posts
Wished we could. I have too many manufacturing shops that can't hold a schedule, and then add on top that they can't pass the tests. Too old for this crap.

Have fun everyone. Bee safe
After last weekends Route 66 Mother Road Festival ... too old for SSR Rally's ... maybe a day trip or two and I said "maybe" and that's it !!! tennesseecozydog :ssr

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
trip

You all have a great time. Leaving Louisville to go back home shortly, then back at it tomorrow.

Be safe everyone. The folks in Kentucky have to be the most unsafe and reckless.

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
3,970 Posts
@oldxr Thanks for the offer but I think your "R" would be a bit jealous of you driving a Pac Blue! Although, you would love being a "Blues Brother" for a few days! ? :blue:

Retirement can't get here quick enough so I don't have to miss these Rally's because of work!!!
Have a blast down there!

Reactions: sillypuddy

·
Premium Member
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Will miss having that BLUZ R behind me? Hope to get with you and some others at some point.

·
Premium Member
04 SSR
3,169 Posts
I totally agree with HUAW - retirement still far away.
So, I will be content with attending any rally's that occur when school is not is session. So far Maggie valley is the only one that fits my schedule. So we ARE planning that for that in 2019 if on the same dates as in the past.

When I starting teaching it was 60 years old w/reduced monthly benefits or 30 years of service (1 1/2 or 5 years from now). I now contribute a larger % and it is 65 years of age w/reduced monthly benefits or 35 years of service AND an overall reduced monthly benefit %. Work more and pay more for less - oh well its better than a stick in the eye and I enjoy my job.

Be safe, Have fun - sorry we can't attend

·
Premium Member
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Life is short...plans made...opportunities passed by we just don’t know when we will”clock” out in this life. I say live it like you want. Wish you were heading down would have a blast. Looking forward to seeing you in Columbus for another meet.
Dane

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Warner Robbins

We are leaving Knoxville Wednesday morning for Warner Robbins. If anyone is coming through Knoxville let us know and we would like to join the group. Fred and Debbie ( Rockytop)

·
Premium Member
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Rockytop....we are trying to schedule I drive down and want to arrive in Warner Robbins about 3 -4 PM. I think it’s about 4-5 or so more hours from Knoxville? Post your cell and we can maybe do it.

Dane & Lisa

1 - 20 of 37 Posts