Chevy SSR Forum banner

Would an International Rally in Dayton/ Cincinnati, Ohio Area be of interest for 2021

• Yes

Votes: 37 56.9%
  • No

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • Yes, Depending on the date

Votes: 15 23.1%
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ohio International Rally? Interest Poll

13K views 81 replies 42 participants last post by  SSRDSTR II 
#1 · (Edited)
Not sure how to post a poll but this is the thread for it... @BlueStreak Just a Yes or No option would be fine...

Of course there has NOT been any decisions made to where the 2021 Rally will be at but it has to be a location where people are willing to go. Here in Ohio we are looking at the Dayton/Cincinnati area.
The crown Jewel of the area is the National Air Force Museum at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base. There is nothing like it anywhere else in the world! Not to mention that Dayton is also the hometown of the Wright Brothers and the birthplace of American aviation, so there are places for that too! There is also America's Packard Museum for the car enthusiast there as well.
There is also a rich history of train transportation in Cincinnati at Union Station museum that has been recently renovated. There's short train ride from the Dayton area to a great little Canal Town in Indiana with shopping and eating could be possible as well.
Kentucky Motor Speedway could also be a possibility as I'm told it's less then an hour drive away...
So, those are some possibilities but many others!
A large enough hotel needs to be found but before things go to far.
WOULD YOU COME TO O-H-I-O?
Thanks for your consideration! ?

See less See more
#8 ·
To be truthful probably not.

We ended the Hod Rod Power Tour in Norwalk last year and this year it starts back up in Norwalk then heads to Dayton and on to Indy.

That's a two day run there and back for us.

We're going to be burned out on the great state of Ohio.

#10 · (Edited)
I did it. First time since the new format.(y)(y)(y)
Put it up for one month!

#24 ·
A definite NO for me, whether coming from Western Canada, or Arizona, it's a long haul, and flying is not a option, as, it's just not as much fun, when you don't have your SSR there. We flew in to attend the Islamorada SSR Run to the Keys in Florida in 2012, and even though everyone welcomed us and treated us great, I felt like an outsider without my SSR.

#25 ·
With that plunger on your head Gordy how could you feel like an outsider. We flew out to Texas for our first International rally and yes it' wasn't the same as having your truck there like at Branson but we still had a great time and would do it again. No matter where they have the rally someone is going to complain about something you never going to make everyone happy. East west north south it's going to be some place how you get there is your decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.