Chevy SSR Forum banner

Would an International Rally in Dayton/ Cincinnati, Ohio Area be of interest for 2021

• Yes

Votes: 37 56.9%
  • No

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • Yes, Depending on the date

Votes: 15 23.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 82 Posts

·
Eat-Breathe-Sleep-SSR's
1,530 Posts
A definite NO for me, whether coming from Western Canada, or Arizona, it's a long haul, and flying is not a option, as, it's just not as much fun, when you don't have your SSR there. We flew in to attend the Islamorada SSR Run to the Keys in Florida in 2012, and even though everyone welcomed us and treated us great, I felt like an outsider without my SSR.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
With that plunger on your head Gordy how could you feel like an outsider. We flew out to Texas for our first International rally and yes it' wasn't the same as having your truck there like at Branson but we still had a great time and would do it again. No matter where they have the rally someone is going to complain about something you never going to make everyone happy. East west north south it's going to be some place how you get there is your decision.

·
SSR Believer
1,241 Posts
Once upon a time we'd drive that far for fun and the good company, but we're no longer the kids we used to be. :cautious:

Something closer to the center/west of the country (I think Colorado Springs was mentioned) would be doable for us though.

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Bump...

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Let's be frank.... with this group, it's more about who will belly up the the bar and make it happen than where it's held. If Larry and his group want to take on the responsibility, that's awesome! Good for them! My hat's off to ya! I may not make it to the event myself, but at least an event will happen. And that's what's important.

·
Premium Member
2005 Chevy SSR
765 Posts
Exactly what I was thinking wizzr. I appreciate the fact that Larry has offered especially since I have not seen any other volunteers including me. I have been to Ohio several times but Larry has mentioned a few things that I have never seen so we are looking forward to seeing something new.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Larry, take the ball and run with it, please. No one else has expressed real intrest in making this happen. You're the one willing to do it for 2021. And, an Ohio event will be great. The clock is ticking. Let me know if you need long distance help.
Regards and gratitude, Mark.

·
Premium Member
2,180 Posts
It probably would not be my first choice. I would think that it would need to be earlier than the Branson for sure. I would not want to drive in bad weather.

That said, I would think that it would be fine. We live in the center of the country so our drive would be closer than some and farther than others. We like to visit new areas, but still would like to have them centrally located in order not to divide the distance evenly. The drive there is part of the fun for us.

IMO

Dave

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
To those concerned about weather conditions coming from the north, I don't think it would be an issue to moving the date into September. Perhaps the weekend after the Labor Day.

·
Premium Member
772 Posts
Not sure how to post a poll but this is the thread for it... @BlueStreak Just a Yes or No option would be fine...

Of course there has NOT been any decisions made to where the 2021 Rally will be at but it has to be a location where people are willing to go. Here in Ohio we are looking at the Dayton/Cincinnati area.
The crown Jewel of the area is the National Air Force Museum at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base. There is nothing like it anywhere else in the world! Not to mention that Dayton is also the hometown of the Wright Brothers and the birthplace of American aviation, so there are places for that too! There is also America's Packard Museum for the car enthusiast there as well.
There is also a rich history of train transportation in Cincinnati at Union Station museum that has been recently renovated. There's short train ride from the Dayton area to a great little Canal Town in Indiana with shopping and eating could be possible as well.
Kentucky Motor Speedway could also be a possibility as I'm told it's less then an hour drive away...
So, those are some possibilities but many others!
A large enough hotel needs to be found but before things go to far.
WOULD YOU COME TO O-H-I-O?
Thanks for your consideration! ?
Summertime would be nice so we can drive with the top down.

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
2004 Smokin' Asphalt #11150
42,534 Posts
Surely there is more interest in this vote either Yes No or Maybe than what is posted, Larry has stepped up to see if there is enough interest to pursue this I think we should help him out in making a fair decision !!!!!!!!!! There should be hundreds of votes by now.

·
Premium Member
2,666 Posts
To those concerned about weather conditions coming from the north, I don't think it would be an issue to moving the date into September. Perhaps the weekend after the Labor Day.
Hotels and other activities might be easier to arrange after labor day and even the Weather might not be an issue but as we discussed on the phone a little while ago.
Work will be an issue for me. Autumn Semester will begin Aug 30th -- anytime after that will once again prevent me from attending an International rally!
However since it might be nearby I could attend Friday -Sunday, If there is anything even happening?

Yes I previously voted appropriately!!!

21 - 40 of 82 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.