Chevy SSR Forum banner

Would an International Rally in Dayton/ Cincinnati, Ohio Area be of interest for 2021

• Yes

Votes: 37 56.9%
  • No

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • Yes, Depending on the date

Votes: 15 23.1%
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 82 Posts
OK.

I will be the first one to sign up if you have it. If you have it they will come. It probably won't be 250 but more like the Springfield Rally. But, they will come.

I would be nice to have regional rallies on the off years. We went to one in NM a few years ago and it was great.

IMO

Dave

Discussion starter · #44 ·
For those that are undecided, we will likely have the Rally in mid September to help our Canadian friends with their travels if we are selected...

Discussion starter · #46 ·
Wisconsin is checking into a potential event at the Road America road coarse. Not sure how that's going... I just don't want to make any assumptions but I'm still contacting potential host hotels on this end...?

In regards to who decides, that is left up to the previous International Rally coordinators. That makes sense because they know everything that needs to be done in order to pull an event off and the resources needed.?

Surely there is more interest in this vote either Yes No or Maybe than what is posted, Larry has stepped up to see if there is enough interest to pursue this I think we should help him out in making a fair decision !!!!!!!!!! There should be hundreds of votes by now.
Not enough Info to make a decision!!!
Maybe a bit of Marketing will help. Ohio isn't exactly on the top of my list as a vacation spot. I know from living in WNY there are some beautiful areas in NY,OH and PA but most people don't know!
IF this is an option a little taste of what the location(s) have to offer might help boost interest. Also for those west of the Mississippi some incentive to drive 1000mi+ could help.
Greg

Maybe a bit of Marketing will help. Ohio isn't exactly on the top of my list as a vacation spot. I know from living in WNY there are some beautiful areas in NY,OH and PA but most people don't know!
IF this is an option a little taste of what the location(s) have to offer might help boost interest. Also for those west of the Mississippi some incentive to drive 1000mi+ could help.
Greg
Check out post #1, it's got a couple of preliminary ideas for destinations during the rally. Very preliminary though, many other locations to consider if Ohio is the chosen location.

Greg
No matter where a rally is held somebody has to travel a longer distance than others, with any luck a group will plan a route and turn it into a adventure. I'm just glad there are so many people who will step up to the plate and make things happen, without them this would just be another Forum. :)

Discussion starter · #50 ·
Outside of Branson, there has never been a "Vacation" destination for any of our International Rally's. Locations like Springfield, MO., Kerrville,TX., Flagstaff, AZ., Sturbridge, MA., Springfield, IL. and Denison, TX. are great communities and have much to offer but would be a stretch to say they were a "vacation destinations". These locations were selected because they had a small group of people who chose to sacrifice an enormous amount of time and accept a huge financial risk to bring the Fanatic Family together. It's not about the destination but rather a gathering of Fanatics from all across North America who not only love their SSR's but have a love for one another!

Every 2 years, members plan this International Rally much like the baseball field in the movie "Field of Dreams"; "If you build it, they will come..." So, that is the hope every two years....

Outside of Branson, there has never been a "Vacation" destination for any of our International Rally's. Locations like Springfield, MO., Kerrville,TX., Flagstaff, AZ., Sturbridge, MA., Springfield, IL. and Denison, TX. are great communities and have much to offer but would be a stretch to say they were a "vacation destinations". These locations were selected because they had a small group of people who chose to sacrifice an enormous amount of time and accept a huge financial risk to bring the Fanatic Family together. It's not about the destination but rather a gathering of Fanatics from all across North America who not only love their SSR's but have a love for one another!

Every 2 years, members plan this International Rally much like the baseball field in the movie "Field of Dreams"; "If you build it, they will come..." So, that is the hope every two years....
Very well stated. Thank you!

Bunp
There should be 4 days left even though it says it closed a moment ago.
I guess that is another of those "low priority" fixes in the new platform.

Reactions: Firetruck
Discussion starter · #56 · (Edited)
Dayton, Ohio is " The Home of Aviation". The Dayton Visitor and Convention Bureau video focuses on the Wright Brothers, the worldest largest "National Air Force Museum" and many other sites related to aviation, the Wright Brothers and more!
Perhaps these sites could be an educational and fun way to have a Poker Run at a few of these destinations at your own leisure?
This video highlights much of what Dayton has to offer.

But we also have Cincinnati not far away for attractions as well! Enjoyed your river boat cruise in Branson on the lake? What about a river boat dinner cruise on the Ohio River? Or a one of a kind museum at the Cincinnati Museum at Union Terminal? Nearly 2 million people every year visit this one of a kind museum.

However, the greatest challenge isn't finding interesting and fun things to do but what hotel can host us at a reasonable price. I have been spending weeks negotiating with two Marriott hotels for affordable room rates, meeting rooms and our banquet. Sadly, at $129 plus 13.5% tax rates for your rooms for a 4 night stay seems to be a bit much. I want this Rally to be as affordable as possible. So, we are looking at other options...

Hope you appreciate the update!

Dayton, Ohio is " The Home of Aviation". The Dayton Visitor and Convention Bureau video focuses on the Wright Brothers, the worldest largest "National Air Force Museum" and many other sites related to aviation, the Wright Brothers and more!
Perhaps these sites could be an educational and fun way to have a Poker Run at a few of these destinations at your own leisure?
This video highlights much of what Dayton has to offer.

But we also have Cincinnati not far away for attractions as well! Enjoyed your river boat cruise in Branson on the lake? What about a river boat dinner cruise on the Ohio River? Or a one of a kind museum at the Cincinnati Museum at Union Terminal? Nearly 2 million people every year visit this one of a kind museum.

However, the greatest challenge isn't finding interesting and fun things to do but what hotel can host us at a reasonable price. I have been spending weeks negotiating with two Marriott hotels for affordable room rates, meeting rooms and our banquet. Sadly, at $129 plus 12% tax rates for your rooms for a 4 night stay seems to be a bit much. I want this Rally to be as affordable as possible. So, we are looking at other options...

Hope you appreciate the update!
Now that I watched that I want a Wilbear !!!!!!! :)

61 total responses to date to determine interest is a sad statement. It's not like he's asking people to commit. Come on folks. At least tell Larry what you think. And by the way, a "no" response is better than not responding at all. He needs your input to determine if his efforts are worth it. So belly up and check a box in the survey!

Vote you don't even have to get out of your chair !!!!!!! :)

Larry is not asking for a commitment he is just looking to see if there is enough interest to start a venue.

Reactions: bruce60
41 - 60 of 82 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.