Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
BAD BOW TIE
10,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been using the M1-107 Mobil 1 oil filter but recently someone told me there is a longer/larger filter Mobil 1 makes for our SSR's. Has anyone heard this and if so what is the part number so I can get one? Thanks.

·
BAD BOW TIE
10,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump

·
BAD BOW TIE
10,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No one knows???

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
2004 Smokin' Asphalt #11150
43,675 Posts
Be careful some of the longer filters will fit but you can't get a wrench on them not enough room !!!!!!! :surprise:

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
No one knows???
The SHADOW knows ..........
Seriously, The MOBILE 1 Extended life filter number is M1-206 or M1-206A.
This has the same threads, diameter, bypass pressure, but is longer. Be aware that it is very tricky to get it up in there, BUT I've been using the longer filter since the first oil change on our SSR's and also the TBSS's.
It's always a good idea to put some clean oil in a new filter before installing it. When you do, let it soak into the filter so it won't spill out when you turn the longer filter on it's side to get it in the spot.
To me, it is a good idea to use a longer filter, but these are my vehicles, so I do what I think is right.
GM may have figured out that a longer filter is better too, as most 2007- up Chevrolet Silverados use the longer version of what they used to pre-'07. ( not the same as the # SSR uses )

·
BAD BOW TIE
10,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The SHADOW knows ..........
Seriously, The MOBILE 1 Extended life filter number is M1-206 or M1-206A.
This has the same threads, diameter, bypass pressure, but is longer. Be aware that it is very tricky to get it up in there, BUT I've been using the longer filter since the first oil change on our SSR's and also the TBSS's.
It's always a good idea to put some clean oil in a new filter before installing it. When you do, let it soak into the filter so it won't spill out when you turn the longer filter on it's side to get it in the spot.
To me, it is a good idea to use a longer filter, but these are my vehicles, so I do what I think is right.
GM may have figured out that a longer filter is better too, as most 2007- up Chevrolet Silverados use the longer version of what they used to pre-'07. ( not the same as the # SSR uses )
Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts