Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I generally change my own oil. Is there anyway to reset the oil service reminder on the DIC without going to the dealer. Thanks.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Reset the change engine oil light

From my 2004 manual, section 5-17:
Anytime your oil is changed, reset the system so it can calculate when the next oil change is required. 1) Press the fuel information button (the one with the gas pump on it, bottom left)) until ENGINE OIL LIFE appears on the DIC 2) Press and hold the select button (the one with the return key symbol on it, bottom right) The engine oil life percentage will change to 100 3) Turn key to OFF

I have never done this, just what the manual says. On my Tahoe, it has to do with pressing the brake X number of times... Good luck! :thumbs

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
copcarcollector said:
From my 2004 manual, section 5-17:
Anytime your oil is changed, reset the system so it can calculate when the next oil change is required. 1) Press the fuel information button (the one with the gas pump on it, bottom left)) until ENGINE OIL LIFE appears on the DIC 2) Press and hold the select button (the one with the return key symbol on it, bottom right) The engine oil life percentage will change to 100 3) Turn key to OFF

I have never done this, just what the manual says. On my Tahoe, it has to do with pressing the brake X number of times... Good luck! :thumbs

I have used the reset key many times.... on my '03

1 - 4 of 4 Posts