Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read the instructions, (which are stupid) which two buttons on the end? the mirror button? the single and triple button? it say's not to do it twice, it didn't respond the first time, so how in the heck do you get the damn thing to work???

GR

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
sorry can't help you out here, My hubby did it and he just read the directions and it worked. But I seem to recall it took a couple of times, he thinks otherwise!!! We have it set on the the third button with the 3 dots.

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,369 Posts
If I remember right I pressed the single and double dotted buttons, the two on the very left had side of the mirror. I had the wife with me to press the garage motor programming button and to verify that the lights changed when they should have. If your garage door has lights that are supposed to light in a certain sequence when it sees a new signal you might want to have someone assist if you didn't try it already.

·
Registered
64 Posts
press the left button with the single dot and hold it in till the light begins to blink. then hold your garage opener within 3 inches of the mirror and hold both the button on the garage opened and the mirror in till the light on the mirror begins to flass fast or quit flashing.not sure which. I believe it will begin to flash fast then quit flashing. let go of both and it should be programed. you may have to reset the settings on your door but it wil work with most openers motordoctor

·
Premium Member
2,320 Posts
Garage Door Opener

Took me 4 times to get it right. After the first three attempts, I was about to give up, but gave in to my unbridled ambition to get it done, and wa la the fourth attempt got it done. Just follow the instructions in the Manual, and it should work.
:thumbs

·
Jim-n-Tanya
1,354 Posts
Mirror Push Button

I just held the garage Button until it blinked and then held the last button on the mirror until it stopped flashing and Wala.....

It worked the first time. Damn I wish eveything worked the first time. Oooops that's why I have kids, never mind :lol :lol :lol :lol

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Can you do this off the remote for th egarage door or do you have to do it off the garage door opener mounted inside?

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
C1Trob said:
Took me 4 times to get it right. After the first three attempts, I was about to give up, but gave in to my unbridled ambition to get it done, and wa la the fourth attempt got it done. Just follow the instructions in the Manual, and it should work.
:thumbs
The manuel say's "Hold the two end buttons" until it flashes! That's why I couldnt figure out which end buttons, now you guys say just the end button!

GR

·
Registered
220 Posts
Garage Door Opener Button

motordoctor said:
press the left button with the single dot and hold it in till the light begins to blink. then hold your garage opener within 3 inches of the mirror and hold both the button on the garage opened and the mirror in till the light on the mirror begins to flass fast or quit flashing.not sure which. I believe it will begin to flash fast then quit flashing. let go of both and it should be programed. you may have to reset the settings on your door but it wil work with most openers motordoctor[/QUOTE

-------------------------------

Worked just as stated above by MotorDoctor...I did it in one try...thanks! :thumbs

·
Registered
164 Posts
May be one more step...

after you have programmed the Homelink button, you then may have to "train" your garage door opener as most newer models don't just take a signal from any old opener... just park in the garage under the opener (I have tried to train mine from outside the garage, but it never worked) and follow the instructions... have to press the training button on the garage door opener... usually located in the back near the antenna, and within 30 seconds, press the Homelink button you programmed in the SSR for 2-3 seconds and then press a second time. After that, you should press it again and the door should open or close. Worked for mine the first time I had the SSR in the garage for the training part. Hope this helps. Good luck!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts