Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
A Little BIG JIM
3,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got to the Marriott 16:30 Don't see any SSR's drove right through Detroit
not a one? She look's so lonley sitting in the parking lot......waiting on company....
BIG JIM is waiting.........Room 111
:thumbs

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Jim: Wish I were there with you and Patrice! Don't worry, there will be lots of company man...hang in there. :thumbs

·
A Little BIG JIM
3,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cruzned said:
Jim: Wish I were there with you and Patrice! Don't worry, there will be lots of company man...hang in there. :thumbs
Sorry Ed I'm batch'n it. Patrice didn't have the leave.
Were are the... :ssr :ssr :ssr "s

·
Tu-Tone club member
5,780 Posts
Jim,

What is the address of the Marriott?? Tried to Google it and it said an unverified address. Wanted to map it out for my own benefit.

P/P

Peace :flag

·
A Little BIG JIM
3,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hotel Address

Purple Penelope said:
Jim,

What is the address of the Marriott?? Tried to Google it and it said an unverified address. Wanted to map it out for my own benefit.

P/P

P/P

it's 30190 Van **** Ave.
Warren,MI 48093
586-751-5777

I made it here in 11hours from Fredericksburg,VA 600miles. Roads were fine,
except I 290 it was the slowest part of the trip other wise traffic moved fine...

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Purple Penelope said:
Jim,

P/P

Oh boy here we go again!!! :) Big Jim, are you sure you are at the Marriott??? :lol:lol:lol We wouldn't want to SSR owners to get lost!!! :thumbs

·
A Little BIG JIM
3,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Right Place? Da...think so?

I'm sure I'm at the right Marriott (I think) and I made it all the way up here and didn't need to stop and ask for directions! :thumbs

·
Enjoying life as it comes
5,208 Posts
Three Amigos

Will be there early afternoon on Thursday. Kroozn, Rick418cars and myself (FUZZY). We're all heading out at 6:00 am Thrusday for the 400 mile trek to the Mariott and the rest of yas.

See ya soon.

·
Premium Member
31,678 Posts
I'm a comin!

Leaving around 7am-ish tomorrow. Should be in with plenty of time to spare for the museum tour!

Jim, I still have more of that Wilbur chocolate to bring along! (gotta have something to snack on whilst watching the dream cruise!) :thumbs

·
Registered
255 Posts
Leaving Tonight - Wed 8/17/05 - To Marriott

My wife and I are leaving tonight and we have a reservation at the Marroitt.

We're leaving from Southern MD so I think it's going to take us at least 12 hours, so we should be there around 12-1:00PM on Thursday.

For the most part I'll follow what Yahoo's Map Quest says although I wanted to try some different roads.

I'm going to stay the speed limit or less and maybe take some back roads to conserve gas, now that it's past $2.50 a gal.

See you tomorrow.

Carl and Debbi

·
Premium Member
624 Posts
leaving at noon tomorrow, should be there by 4......

Dianne & I are looking forward to meeting everyone, this is our first SSR event.

Dan

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,650 Posts
Leaving tomorrow morning!

Hey Big Jim,

Keep and eye out for all of us... we are leaving around 8:00 AM heading through Canada and hooking up with Scott Doran a long the way. :thumbs

Should be there between 12:30 and 1:00 PM. :) You will meet my friend "BIG JIM" he is 6'6" .... :lol

See you all soon! BBQ later tomorrow night...
:jester

·
A Little BIG JIM
3,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got back from my first trip up and down woodward

Guy's & Gal's you are gonna love it! Nothing but Detroit Steel, Rubber,Smoke,Hot rod's everywere...........but you crawl not cruise....saw one yellow SSR headed opposite direction honked and we gave each other the wave...lots of Mustangs
cruised with 18yellow one's for a while.104.3 is the Radio Station for info when you get in range,will try in the morning to get a few official Woodward Cruise maps from the local Discount Tire Co.
:ssr :thumbs

·
Premium Member
624 Posts
Marc NY said:
Hey Big Jim,

Keep and eye out for all of us... we are leaving around 8:00 AM heading through Canada and hooking up with Scott Doran a long the way. :thumbs

Should be there between 12:30 and 1:00 PM. :) You will meet my friend "BIG JIM" he is 6'6" .... :lol

See you all soon! BBQ later tomorrow night...
:jester
Marc, what is your planned route going through Canada?

Thanks,

Dan

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,830 Posts

Sleeping in my own bed tonight. Finnish a small paint job in the morning and head out about 11:30am, should be at Marroitt by 1pm.... 6'6" YES SIR, THANK YOU SIR!

·
Tu-Tone club member
5,780 Posts
Thanxx, BIG JIM

Have plugged the address into the equation.

Jeff & Terri (JeffDBFL) Bernie & Elizabeth (Dittonzssr) Mike and Terri (Dingbat), Mike (FOCKS), and I will leave Dayton about 9:00a.m. for Michigan and the Marriott about 220 miles from here. Should be at the hotel before 2:00, depending on pit stops.

Make sure Wildcat and BUFFY know I'm not having anything to do with the direction planning for this trip. If it stays that way, the 2:00 time frame remains.

P/P

·
Registered
97 Posts
last post

We're leaving at 6:00am in the morning, looking forward to seeing you all. Hope everyone has a safe trip. I'm going to get some sleep. :seeya

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,650 Posts
Join US!

parothed97 said:
Marc, what is your planned route going through Canada?

Thanks,

Dan
Scott is going to meet up with me where the 403 & 401 intersect. Here is Scott's PM to me.

You will want to take the QEW to hamilton then the 403 to Woodstock that gets you onto the 401 to Detroit
I can meet you either in Hamilton or preferably in woodstock. More to the point the junction of 401 & 403
That would be 3Hrs down the road for me and about 1.5 for you.

PM Scott for his Cell Number and he can tell you more ok? Hope to see you and hook up on the way in ok? :thumbs

·
Premium Member
6,378 Posts
Purple Penelope said:
Thanxx, BIG JIM

Have plugged the address into the equation.

Jeff & Terri (JeffDBFL) Bernie & Elizabeth (Dittonzssr) Mike and Terri (Dingbat), Mike (FOCKS), and I will leave Dayton about 9:00a.m. for Michigan and the Marriott about 220 miles from here. Should be at the hotel before 2:00, depending on pit stops.

Make sure Wildcat and BUFFY know I'm not having anything to do with the direction planning for this trip. If it stays that way, the 2:00 time frame remains.

P/P

If you stop in or near Kalamazoo, Michigan for gas give me a call. The Wife and I will be hooking up with everybody Friday morning at the Craft Center!

Scott 0168 :seeya

·
Enjoying life as it comes
5,208 Posts
Got your stuff Focks

Focks had called me this morning while I was cleaning my SSR (bugs have been awful up here lately). He had inquired about a Wisconsin novelty, and if I would bring it along when I come to Detroit? Being from the friendly state of Wisconsin I responded, I didn't have it at this time, but I could stop and get it to bring along.

SOOO!!!!FOCKS YOU WILL RECIEVE WHAT YOU ASKED FOR WHEN WE ARRIVE IN DETROIT.

Later on I had called Kroozn to see how his traveling was going. Guess I just knew when to call him, cause he was just pulling into Janesville and getting ready to check in to the hotel.
I figured as long as he was in town why not take him and his son shawn on a GM plant tour of the Tahoes, Suburbans, Yukons, and Denali's.
They accepted very quickly. After they had checked in, and I had made a phone call to set up a personal tour, we met at my place as it was getting dark. Off to the plant we went. First up was the fabulous Safety video and then off on our walk through various areas of the plant. Since Kroozn is also into painting we took him up through the Paint booth area to show the Robotics doing all the painting. SO COOL TO WATCH THEM IN ACTION AND HOW FAST THEY APPLY THE COLORS. Then off to the body shop where they assemble most of the sheet metal. back around to where the bodies are out of paint and ready for interior parts. next came I/P's (dash) then seats, over further is chassis where suspensions are assembled and drive trains put in, then around the corner to body marriage, ,later came Door installation,and then Final line. Once past Final line we went through the repair shop for those pesky ones that didn't pass the testing and are reworked to pass inspection, (i.e. trany wouldn't shift, check all connections or change out if need be). All this in only 2 hours.

I believe Kroozn and his son enjoyed the tour.

Now it's back home to finish packing and check my favorite site. No sooner did I get back home whe it started raining. Well there goes my days work of cleaing and polishing. It wasn't as bad as I thought, just a sprinkle, but enopgh to mess things up.

Well packings done except for tooth brushes, which are needed for morning. Now it's 12.19 and I need some rest before I have to get up at 5:00 am.

Night all.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts