Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Are we Going to the plant? Is there going to be some kind of group gathering? Are there plans in the making a list of the possible forum attendees?

·
Registered
288 Posts
I will be lobster diving so you all have a great time at the plant on the last day. Be sure and thank everyone you see there.:cool :cool

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,825 Posts

I don't party crash.... wait for an invite.... they have been notified of our interest, if they want us, they will ask.... I would feel bad to force the issue. :flag

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
REBEL said:
I don't party crash.... wait for an invite.... they have been notified of our interest, if they want us, they will ask.... I would feel bad to force the issue. :flag
Oh,.. but contact has been made by us to the plant and GM?

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
REBEL said:

I agree, I wouldn't want to celebrate my job being lost. Let's wait and see if they want us there:seeya

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
KySSR said:
I agree, I wouldn't want to celebrate my job being lost. Let's wait and see if they want us there:seeya
I didn't think we were going to celebrate as much as we were going to show our thanks and appreciation for a job well done. MOP + .02.

:seeya :seeya :seeya​

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SS My R said:
I didn't think we were going to celebrate as much as we were going to show our thanks and appreciation for a job well done. MOP + .02.

Yea EXACTLY, Im not going there to hold a Ha Ha Ha you lost your jobs party folks.
Im planning on going to show my support for the SSr as an owner and the Great folks at Lansing Craft that built them.

·
Premium Member
538 Posts
Most of these people will go to another plant . It could be a good thing since they were laid off alot of the time.

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,825 Posts

Showing support and asking for a tour is two different things.

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
SS My R said:

This came out not exactly like what I was thinking. I was thinking that it might not be such a good time for the employees and they may not want a bunch of extra folks around the plant at that time.
Sorry if it came out wrong...:seeya

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,106 Posts
REBEL said:
:agree :agree :agree
My concept of the trip was to go there BEFORE they shut down the line. Any time the line is running would be fine with me. I want the opportunity to be there to shake as many hands as I can and thank every person for my truck.

Being there on the last day of production never came close to appropriate timing in myy book.

As long as our request for the opportunity to say thanks has been conveyed, I am willing to sit tight. This doesn't mean that I will sit quietly, as I am a firm believer in persistent optimism. I would like to see a regular (weekly?) request get dusted off and resubmitted through appropriate channels.

my 2 cents.

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,825 Posts

Well written Mike, and understood. I believe that Donnysan broke the ice and now is in a follow up mode, and I’m sure Marc has let it be known, to the powers that be.
I appreciate that you did not throw a “HELLO” in your post. I think I need to step back for a few weeks.

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Mike in AZ said:
:agree :agree :agree
My concept of the trip was to go there BEFORE they shut down the line. Any time the line is running would be fine with me. I want the opportunity to be there to shake as many hands as I can and thank every person for my truck.

Being there on the last day of production never came close to appropriate timing in myy book.

As long as our request for the opportunity to say thanks has been conveyed, I am willing to sit tight. This doesn't mean that I will sit quietly, as I am a firm believer in persistent optimism. I would like to see a regular (weekly?) request get dusted off and resubmitted through appropriate channels.

my 2 cents.
Whats not appropriate being there the last day of production? These people know the plant is shutting down heck they have only worked 1/2 the model year anyway. Im sure some of them are GLAD the SSr is going so they can be shipped to a factory by the UAW that is working all the time. My guess is that the SSR was dumped because that plant is going to be re tooled for the Camaro.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Does anyone have a phone# to call to find out if I can take a tour? I was thinking of Friday March 3rd coming out from California to see the line???

Sandy

·
Premium Member
538 Posts
Lets try go on March 10 or 13 .If they invite us in fine if not we could hang a thank you sign on :banghead the gate . Then go have lunch together.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts