Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm driving along in my SSR this weekend, when it occurs to me that several of you on this board said there was an unidentified object over the ash tray. I open it and feel above...while I'm driving 80, mind you, and there it is! As someone here noted, it took a while to figure out how to pull it out...and then how to put it back, but I found it.

I looked for clues about why it's there. It is not threaded and I couldn't find anything in the truck it "fits". I decided it was just there to close the ash tray lid if you left it up and tried to close the door. So I tried to close it with and without this UO without putting the little lid down. I forced it closed, just to see. I think I proved the UO has nothing to do with the ash tray, but now my hinge down door won't close right...ugh.

I go nuts sometimes just trying to identify the artist who sings a song I heard on the way to work. This mystery is really getting to me. I just have to know what this thing is. Why in the world did they go to the trouble to make this part and a mounting for it?

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Thing

Ok, so I'm surprised that this thing has caused people to waste time looking for it, endanger their SSR while tring to remove it at 80 MPH, and then use some brain power to try and figure out what it really is....

I will solve everyone's curiousity by telling you what it is (of course I'll have to make something up here).....

For the women (or men who like flowers) it's a vial to hold a flower (like the new beetle has...or assume it has, since I've never actually seen one, but I'm making this stuff up!) I haven't decided what would hold this vial in place when it has the flower in it.

For men (or women who like to throw things) it's just something the throw out your window to cause the guy in your driver's side blide spot to move so that you can see him better :)

I hope this solves the mystery of the UO!

·
Registered
19 Posts
OK, What is that thing? Reply to Thread

It,s there to keep the ash tray holder from closing , inless the the small lid where the butts go, is closed. Fire safety?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Really?

eb,

I know you must be right, but why such a complex solution...seems a little Rube Goldberg to me. A simple molded tab could have served just as well as a plastic spring fitted to hold a separate "vial", which also required another mold. Just think how much money all us SSR owners could haved saved if they'd have let us design the ash tray ;)

P

·
0 Posts
what is what thing?

2004 doesn't even have an ashtray.

What are you all talking about anyway?

Let me know what is up with that.

Also has any tried water wetter for cooling down these beasts? Does it work?

Also noticed alot of wind noise from the roof when closed. Any fixes?

Thanks for your help.

PurpleSSR

·
Registered
541 Posts
Hmmmmm....

purplessr said:
2004 doesn't even have an ashtray.

What are you all talking about anyway?

Let me know what is up with that.

Also has any tried water wetter for cooling down these beasts? Does it work?

Also noticed alot of wind noise from the roof when closed. Any fixes?

Thanks for your help.

PurpleSSR
See above about ashtray.

I've heard water wetter is not all it's cracked up to be in our motors. Do a forum search for more info.

Roof up? Yours will go down the road with the roof up? I'll have to try that some day (maybe in December).

Diggs

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
Gimme dat ding!

The lead singer was Tony Burrows. Never heard of him? Well, he was the lead singer for four different "one-hit wonders" bands! Evidently he was talented, but couldn't find a decent band!

Gimme Dat Ding
The Pipkins
1970 #9

That's right, That's right
I'm sad and blue
'Cause I can't do the Boogaloo
I'm lost, I'm lost
Can't do my thing
That's why I sing
Gimme, Gimme Dat Ding Ah..
Gimme Dat, Gimme Dat
Gimme, Gimme, Gimme Dat
Gimme Dat Ding, Gimme Dat
Gimme, Gimme Dat, Gimme Dat Ding
Gimme Dat, Gimme, Gimme Dat,
Gimme, Gimme, Gimme, Dat Ding (Oh Sing it one more time Momma)
Oh,Gimme Dat, Gimme Dat
Gimme, Gimme, Gimme Dat
Gimme, Gimme, Gimme, Dat Ding (Ah, you ain't doin' that late at night)
Ah, what good's a metronome
Without a bell for
ringing?
How else can anybody ever tell he swings?
How can you tell the rhythm written on the bar?
How can you ever hope to know just where you are?
Gimme Dat, (Gimme Dat) Ah Gimme Dat (Gimme Dat)
Ah Gimme Dat, (Gimme Dat) Gimme Dat, Gimme, Gimme, Gimme, Gimme, Gimme,
(Ah Gotcha!)
Gimme Dat, Gimme Dat
Gimme, Gimme, Gimme Dat
Gimme, Gimme, Gimme, Dat Ding
(Honky Tonk Piano)
Oh,
Gimme Dat, Gimme Dat
Gimme, Gimme, Gimme Dat
Gimme, Gimme, Gimme, Dat Ding
Ah, what good's a metronome
Without a bell for
ringing?
How else can anybody ever tell he swings?
How can you tell the rhythm written on the bar?
How can you ever hope to know just where you are?
Gimme Dat, Ah Gimme Dat
Ah Gimme Dat, Gimme Dat, Gimme, Gimme, Gimme, Gimme, Gimme,
Gimme Dat, Gimme Dat
Gimme, Gimme, Gimme Dat
Gimme, Gimme, Gimme, Dat Ding :leaving

·
Registered
222 Posts
Gimme Dat, Gimme Dat

Hey Zaino,

Me thinks u hav way 2 much time on ur hands. :lol

Shudn't u b polishin sum cars? Mayb cum on down 2 Fla n do mine!!!! Free Pina Colada's if u do. :thumbs :thumbs ;)

:cool

·
Registered
277 Posts
SSR17 of 25,

I agree, Zaino does have too much time on his hands. Still think this guy owns Zaino Company? He just seems to push this product a little too hard.

·
Registered
152 Posts
good guy

My view is that Zaino is a good guy.... and a real enthusiast… :) .

He cannot help it if he loves the Zaino product (which is a good one) and is OC about his SSr and the vehicle in general….. most of us on this site are too!!! :cool

But there is the question of what he really does if not Zaino …. He must do something fairly serious as he has a real decent stable of “iron horses” that have to be fed….. :rolleyes:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts