Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took a great long drive today (about 7 hours roundtrip) and I have to share with you people my unabashed glee every time I come upon a PT Cruiser.

I know it is wrong but every time I come up behind one or pass one I take great pride in knowing we are driving the car that Chrysler wanted the PT to be.

It is also amazing how many Cruisers you see on any given day. I have still only seen one other SSR on the street.

Sorry to CruzenED and all the other PT Cruiser owners out there but I just can't help feeling every one of those people hate seeing an SSR go past.

Rick :cool

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
So you mean .....

wildcat66 said:
Hey I heard there was a large recall on PT's from 91 to now for fire hazard. PT's look good but I don't think they were meant to be like the SSR's The are what they are! :)
that they are a fire hazard? Bet they weren't a fire hazard in '91! Wanna bet? ;)

·
Registered
705 Posts
I bought a PT thinking it was going to be a limited edition car a few years ago when it first came out (my fault for not researhing it out). I was so disappointed! It lasted a few months and I took a big loss selling it( what's new, eh?)

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
Cruiser

I sort of inherited my wife's PT Cruiser when she passed away a couple of years ago. Never thought much of it, but started driving it just to keep the battery charged and found it was well engineered and well thought out. I enjoyed driving it until the day I drove into a Chevy dealership just to see what the deal was with the SSR. The Cruiser never made it home again. And - some SOB has been driving it through the EZ tag lane on the tollway and they keep sending me dun letters. :rant

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
I say we hunt him down and shoot him.

The funny part of the recall on the cruiser is quote from the news anchor " Something under the hood could cause a fire" Ya think!!!!!!!! DUR!!!!

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
The problem under the hood was a fuel line that rubbed against the AC unit and wore out, and could have caused fuel to spew all over the engine compartment, therefore causing a fire. I solved mine with a few twist ties. I have to admit, for what I paid, the PT was a fun car/truck. I was able to haul my chocolate lab and all my airbrush stuff too! My poor lab just can't fit into my SSR so we use the Minicooper to Haul him around. He likes that a lot better actually!

On another note, I saw a Dodge Magnum yesterday on the road. Wow! That thing looks cool and can fit a 4' X 8' sheet of plywood in the back. I would like to get one of those down the road in a few years.

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
cruzned said:
The problem under the hood was a fuel line that rubbed against the AC unit and wore out, and could have caused fuel to spew all over the engine compartment, therefore causing a fire. I solved mine with a few twist ties. I have to admit, for what I paid, the PT was a fun car/truck. I was able to haul my chocolate lab and all my airbrush stuff too! My poor lab just can't fit into my SSR so we use the Minicooper to Haul him around. He likes that a lot better actually!

On another note, I saw a Dodge Magnum yesterday on the road. Wow! That thing looks cool and can fit a 4' X 8' sheet of plywood in the back. I would like to get one of those down the road in a few years.
I kept my 1999 S-10 Blazer for a dog hauler.

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
wildcat66 said:
We stopped at the Dodge house to look at the new Magnum. My husband likes the look of the back but he really wasn't impressed with the inside. He would rather have the SSR! :)
Chevrolet needs to make a HOTROD NOMAD to compete in the market place like the Magnum. I know they have a current Nomad show car, but it looks the size of a Cavalier. The 1999 concept looks cool, that would be my next new car.:cool

1 - 11 of 11 Posts