Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Some of you already know this trick but some may not.
Question... how do you keep from losing you hat while cruising with the top down?
The simple solution...
Two alligator clips and a length of cord. (I use 3/32" shock cord but a shoe lace can work too)
Clip one end to your shirt collar and the other end to the back of your hat.
If your hat flies off, it's not going very far.

Attachments

·
BlueStreak
26,746 Posts
Some of you already know this trick but some may not.
Question... how do you keep from losing you hat while cruising with the top down?
The simple solution...
Two alligator clips and a length of cord. (I use 3/32" shock cord but a shoe lace can work too)
Clip one end to your shirt collar and the other end to the back of your hat.
If your hat flies off, it's not going very far.
If you make your own make sure it is not too long. Over about 10"-12" if the hat gets away it will gain momentum and pull that 'gator clip right off at one end or the other.
On hats with an adjustable band I use a loop on the band and a clip for the collar.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you make your own make sure it is not too long. Over about 10"-12" if the hat gets away it will gain momentum and pull that 'gator clip right off at one end or the other.
On hats with an adjustable band I use a loop on the band and a clip for the collar.
That can happen. That's why I use the 3/32 shock (bungee) cord. It reduces the impact when the hat gets to the end of the line. And yes, not too long.

·
Premium Member
1,011 Posts
we have a lot of leftover credential holders for pit passes etc. W take the strap off the clear pass holder and attach it to our hats. Sometimes you have to punch a hole with a hole punch in order to attach.
79FD09BC-F8CF-424C-AE15-886575ED10B1.jpeg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts