Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,409 Posts
Dang!!! - Where is my piggy-bank when I need it??
That Smokin' Asphalt is f-I-n-e.........

>>>||<<< images-28.jpeg >>>||<<<​

]♥[ - Nice find Greg. I really do like those wheels. - 0:)

===============
David :black:
2018-08-13-19-20-18-1314053739.png

·
Georgia SSRers
1,009 Posts
interesting...

4 WHEEL DRIVE, CONVERTIBLE AND SUNROOF !

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Approach this one with caution! It's listed as a "big block" when it's actually an LS engine. Also, it has Acadia AWD components which were designed for a 300 hp 6 cylinder power plant!

Reactions: voodoophantom

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Hmm... smells a little fishy to me.

Did a little snooping. Looks like the seller is a custom truck builder in Colorado. They have mixed reviews. If I was interested in this vehicle I would definitely want a boat load of info and to go check it out in person.

·
Premium Member
9,353 Posts
Approach this one with caution! It's listed as a "big block" when it's actually an LS engine. Also, it has Acadia AWD components which were designed for a 300 hp 6 cylinder power plant!
The whole build is a bit suspect. The Acadia has the same structure as a Chevy Traverse and a Buick Enclave - they all run a transverse mounted V6 engine.

I don't understand why someone would go to that much re-engineering to get the engine and transmission turned around, when all they needed to do was graft in the front components of a Trailblazer SS, which are already engineered for an LS2 and the same frame structure as the SSR.

Reactions: Gr8XLr8r

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
3,153 Posts
I saw this and was wondering the same thing as well. The bigger question is has anyone done the all wheel drive out of a Trail blazer SS and ran it under the SSR? I could see that done before I could see someone doing the Arcadia stuff under the SSR

·
Las Vegas Mob
1,371 Posts
I very seriously doubt someone put an Acadia FWD primary unibody platform under a RWD primary body-on-frame application like the SSR. The engineering to make that successful would exceed the capabilities of some auto manufacturers.

Perhaps they meant GMC Envoy?

Blast :purple:

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks like a Crate bowtie LSX454 with a Magnusson SC added. This is a modern Big Block and 750HP is feasible since the LSX454 crate is rated at 620HP.
https://www.chevrolet.com/performance/crate-engines/lsx-454

I was intrigued by this ad so I sent the seller a question about the Acadia "chassis" as I too am confused by that. It appears to me to be a stock SSR platform, even the SSR exhaust tips. I'll update if I get a reply.

The company is FiveRTrucks in Golden Co. and based on Google Maps the photos were taken at that facility so it looks legit but needs a lot more details.

Greg

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Texasbehar - I wonder how giving they would be with info. Personally, I think they missed the boat. If they created a step by step instruction book they
could comand a nice pricetag. Just consider the interest on this site. WSK - LAZY ONE

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
3,153 Posts
Looks like a Crate bowtie LSX454 with a Magnusson SC added. This is a modern Big Block and 750HP is feasible since the LSX454 crate is rated at 620HP.
https://www.chevrolet.com/performance/crate-engines/lsx-454

I was intrigued by this ad so I sent the seller a question about the Acadia "chassis" as I too am confused by that. It appears to me to be a stock SSR platform, even the SSR exhaust tips. I'll update if I get a reply.

The company is FiveRTrucks in Golden Co. and based on Google Maps the photos were taken at that facility so it looks legit but needs a lot more details.

Greg
While it may have horse power rating and cubic inches similar of a big block it is still not a big block. Big block refers to the over all dimensions and bore spacing of the engine family and a big block is larger in overall dimensions than the LS platform is. The LS even the LSX is still considered a small block engine platform. So their terms they are using are not right and a little misleading in the ad.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
While it may have horse power rating and cubic inches similar of a big block it is still not a big block. Big block refers to the over all dimensions and bore spacing of the engine family and a big block is larger in overall dimensions than the LS platform is. The LS even the LSX is still considered a small block engine platform. So their terms they are using are not right and a little misleading in the ad.
Amen brother, took the words right out of my mouth! Big block - 4.84" bore spacing and 9.8" deck ht. Small block (LS) - 4.4"bore spacing and 9.2" deck ht.

Don't get me wrong, I'd much rather have the LSX 454 compared to an old cast iron 454 Mark IV, but it's still misleading and indicates lack of knowledge! Makes me suspect other things might not be copasetic.

Reactions: spook

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Amen brother, took the words right out of my mouth! Big block - 4.84" bore spacing and 9.8" deck ht. Small block (LS) - 4.4"bore spacing and 9.2" deck ht.

Don't get me wrong, I'd much rather have the LSX 454 compared to an old cast iron 454 Mark IV, but it's still misleading and indicates lack of knowledge! Makes be suspect other things might not be copasetic.
AMEN!
Chevrolet uses the word Big-Block several times in the description of its LSX 454 crate motor and used the same Cu-In displacement as its Grandfather. Its all about Marketing.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Bidding went to $29,100. Did not meet reserve and did not sell. Just goes to show that non original bells and whistles (custom paint, AWD, big motor, supercharger) don't necessarily equate to higher selling prices.

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
And I never received a reply to my questions to the seller. Fishy Fishy Fishy.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
And here's another question... ok, 2 questions.

Seller stated that the truck has 4700 miles and the new engine has 400 miles. Which means the original engine only had 4300 miles. Explain to me why someone would remove an engine at 4300 miles. And why would someone swap out a chassis on such a low mileage truck? It just don't add up in my little pea brain.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts