Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
ROTM 1/2016 - 2006 PacBlues 376 & 29
29,505 Posts
Hood or bed cover open doesn't affect the Top operation.

Nick
Not true, Hood makes no difference but the bed cover cannot be open. It interferes with the storage compartment cover (tonneau).

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
ROTM 1/2016 - 2006 PacBlues 376 & 29
29,505 Posts
At shows I often leave the tailgate open with the Bed Cover closed, so I can get things out while I leave the top in a partial open setting (Balanced). It is a good show. If you are careful you can close the tailgate without latching it but it looks closed.

Reactions: richsadams

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,570 Posts
I don't have the cargo bed light in mine...its missing, I need to find one and reinstall it, it could be giving me these issues...
The cargo compartment light does not affect the operation of the roof. The microswitch on the left cargo lid latch (right by the tailgate) tells the RDM that the lid is open. That will prevent your top from operating.

·
Premium Member
1,809 Posts
Also...when lowering /and raising/the top...start the engine...(that battery draws 13 amps)...and you can also put the windows down manually...eliminating one sequence in the operation of lowering the top...

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,570 Posts
No, but it's at a car show...so will have to wait...I couldn't get the top to operate. It did before...thinking micro must be off something or other...
You'll just have to troubleshoot the problem...... Start at the beginning and work your way through it. The micro-switch at the cargo cover latch has only been about 1 out of the last 100 roof issues. Not a likely suspect.

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,868 Posts
I hear you, it was operating normally before though...so maybe this is the one out of 100 scenario...maybe.
============================
Hmmm....

■ ~ @USSR, re-read Mike's words to you in post #16---He knows what he's talking about! :rolleyes:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.