Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I am from the Cincinnati area and just got my '04 Silver SSR New Years day.
I am one who has to add a mod or two to any vehicle I get and this SSR is just waiting for something. I was thinking of the following,

1. Mud flaps
2. Wind screen
3. Side step
4. some vinyl strips/graphics (paint later)

Any suggestions?

Any local happenings in the greater Cincy area?

Thanks

Richard ;)

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
rj5620 said:
Hello all, I am from the Cincinnati area and just got my '04 Silver SSR New Years day.
I am one who has to add a mod or two to any vehicle I get and this SSR is just waiting for something. I was thinking of the following,

1. Mud flaps
2. Wind screen
3. Side step
4. some vinyl strips/graphics (paint later)

Any suggestions?

Any local happenings in the greater Cincy area?

Thanks

Richard ;)
Definitely mud flaps - I keep meaning to get some and keep forgetting - those pushed out wheels in the front put everything from the road on the side. For a windscreen - check the thread search for Windsuppressr - designed by a member on this site.

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
Flaps

***This is the info on the mud flaps that I installed on my SSR.***

*Made by Groboski (a division of Highland, industries)
*Long Life Duramax...Part # 10057
*12 " wide X 18" high and about 1/8" thick.
*Mine have no LOGO (you can get various GM logos as they are a licensed product)
*Cost was $9.00 at an Advance Auto Parts store.

***Installation***

I installed them at 4.5 inches above the ground. I used the three existing screws on the lower fender liner to make the primary attachment. I then used two screws that came with the flaps, one to secure the top of the flap to the inner liner, the other to attach the inside edge of the flap (two 1/8 " holes needed). They fit extremely well and lay flat against the wheel well.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
SSR290 said:
***This is the info on the mud flaps that I installed on my SSR.***

*Made by Groboski (a division of Highland, industries)
*Long Life Duramax...Part # 10057
*12 " wide X 18" high and about 1/8" thick.
*Mine have no LOGO (you can get various GM logos as they are a licensed product)
*Cost was $9.00 at an Advance Auto Parts store.

***Installation***

I installed them at 4.5 inches above the ground. I used the three existing screws on the lower fender liner to make the primary attachment. I then used two screws that came with the flaps, one to secure the top of the flap to the inner liner, the other to attach the inside edge of the flap (two 1/8 " holes needed). They fit extremely well and lay flat against the wheel well.
Have some pictures?

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,611 Posts
Flaps

HI Jim,

I think your SSR looks great with that style of mud flaps that really do blend into the tires. I too have the same kind of mud flaps on mine and they also look great and they do protect the SSR from a lot of stones chips etc.

PS First time I have seen your strips up close... very nice indeed!
:cool

·
Registered
123 Posts
Cincinnati area

rj5620 (Richard), Do you have the silver SSR I see around Lawrenceburg? I am just outside of Hidden Valley with the 2004 red SSR. I have also seen a yellow one a couple times on the exit ramp here. I passed the yellow one today on I-275 in NKY. I couldn't get a good look at the female driver because she was going abou 63 in a 65 with the top and windows up.

Jason

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Jason, no that is not me. I live in Fairfield, Ohio about 25 minutes north. I have been to a few cruise-ins at Hidden Valley Lake up on the hill with my Prowler group.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts