Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If your getting ready to hit the road, might want to also check the spare tire. I tossed mine in the truck and checked the air. A whopping 17 pounds. So might want to check yours.

Be safe and enjoy the trip as much as the event.

Premium Member
If your getting ready to hit the road, might want to also check the spare tire. I tossed mine in the truck and checked the air. A whopping 17 pounds. So might want to check yours.

A man of your engineering ability and you don't have a pressure monitor on your spare tire. Oh my.馃馃馃馃馃

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A man of your engineering ability and you don't have a pressure monitor on your spare tire. Oh my.馃馃馃馃馃
Actually I do have one. It is the high tech version, wireless, and battery less. I have had it for quite a while and it fits all three trucks. Slight problem is I forget to check the spare as often as I should.
Watch Analog watch Gauge Clock Watch accessory

Premium Member
Actually I do have one. It is the high tech version, wireless, and battery less. I have had it for quite a while and it fits all three trucks. Slight problem is I forget to check the spare as often as I should.
View attachment 600122
Evidently you must of lost the instruction manual on how to use it. I'll see if we can get a video conference on it.馃槂馃槂馃槂馃槂

One of the SoCal Nuts
ROTM 1/2016 - 2006 PacBlues 376 & 29

Registered
Don't forget, there's also the bottle of green slime and and air compressor. I know some don't like it, but I've had to do it several times and never had an issue.

Registered
'05 Aqua Blur 6-spd

Ah, a great reminder. Hadn't thought of that. :)

When I tried to check the pressure, I couldn't find the valve stem. o_O
Must one actually have a spare tire to check, 'cuz I don't. :oops:

Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
Great advice Bruce as people are ready to head to Cincinnati for the Rally!!! ;)

One of the SoCal Nuts
Don't forget, there's also the bottle of green slime and and air compressor. I know some don't like it, but I've had to do it several times and never had an issue.
I still carry the pump, but 'when I tried to loan my slime to a friend it failed. I guess it was too old. I have used the pump to keep the tire with a slow leak alive until I could get it repaired. The total time stopped was less than the time it takes to change the tire. Only time I have used the spare was when I had a blow out AND a damage but usable tire at the same time. Drove home from Seattle on those because they would have had to ship the tires from LA and I could drive home faster. The new tires were waiting for me in Pasadena when I got home.

Reactions: Garris1

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The only thing worse then having a flat spare with you is having a aired up spare not with you.

I usually don't have my spare, but if I am towing my trailer I have the extra room so it just makes sense to take it along then.

Registered
2004 ultraviolet purple SSR- 5.3 auto with supercharger

If I can ask, new to this game. What kind of rim and tire size do you guys have for spares?

One of the SoCal Nuts
17X7 Trailblazer There are several threads that discuss the tire size for it or you can check simple-engineering.com where you will find a kit to go under the bed where you battery is.

Reactions: Stlhotrod

Daily Driver
Thr bottle of tire slime that I got with the truck in 2005, is good for 1 year. I think it says so on it.
But the pump is still great.

Daily Driver
Michelin says about 200 million tires every year hit scrap yards early thanks to a puncture or blowout.
But it couldn't possibly happen to me... nope, no way, not happening. :rolleyes:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts