Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I emailed the dealership - asked them to let the new owners know of SSRfanatic...

Ardmore man wins new vehicle from local dealership
By Sheila J. Robinson
Staff Writer
What started out as a trip to the store on Tuesday for an Ardmore man wound up with a phone call telling his wife he had won a new vehicle from a local dealership.

"It was today," said Cristy, wife of Donavan Ellis. "It's an SSR. It's one of those truck looking things but it's kind of a car, too."

She wasn't sure how much the vehicle sells for, but when they looked it up on the internet it was between $41,000-$43,000.

"They told us they will give us the base car and they will give us so much to put what accessories we want on there," Cristy said. "We are supposed to get a letter from UPS tomorrow. When we get the letter, we have to go up to Brad Fenton. On that letter, it's going to tell us the price and all that stuff."

She also wasn't sure how much the taxes on the vehicle would run, but knew it would be up to them to pay the tags, tax and title.

"They will give us a 1099, so I'm guessing we'll just file it with our taxes next year," Cristy said. "Then we go to Brad Fenton tomorrow and pick the color and what all we want on there. We get so much money to put the accessories on there."

They had heard about the Hot Button promotion the dealership was participating in, and according to Cristy, it was something her husband wanted to try.

"I sent him to the store to get me something to drink," she said. "I didn't know he was going but he was gone forever. He called me and he couldn't hardly talk. I said 'Where are you at?"

"He goes, 'don't be mad at me,' but I just won a car,'" Cristy said. "I didn't believe him. The sales lady got on and said, 'Yes ma'am, I wouldn't lie to you.' Then Wayne (Enyart) got on and said, 'Congratulations, your husband is a lucky man!"

Cristy still didn't believe it so she called the dealership back in a little while and ask if someone had won a vehicle and if so, who it was. The person who answered the phone told her it was Donavan Ellis.

"I said, 'That's my husband and I didn't believe him," Cristy said and laughed.

Donavan works as a clean room tech at Southwest Silicon Technology. The couple have three daughters, ages 13, 8 and 3. Although the family needed another vehicle, Cristy doubted they would keep the new vehicle.

"My husband has a truck that is just a hunk of junk," she said. "What we'll probably do is sell the SSR and get what we want, because we don't need anything that fancy."

·
Registered
165 Posts
That reminds me of a friend of a friend, ( one of those deals ) who won Corvette at the boardwalk in Seaside,NJ in a drawing. I guess it was about 1995 or so, anyhow the jerk traded it for a Lexus. What a tool. :nono

Someday they'll regret selling that SSR, especially when those kids turn driving age...

·
Enjoying life as it comes
5,210 Posts
Could Be A Different Story

Do you think they would keep it if the wife had one the SSR instead of the husband?
That could change the whole ordeal. You know the, "if you won it we really don't need it :nono and could use the money instead" while he is driving the junker trunk that could fall apart at any time, but if she won it "we'll just have to get rid of my car so we have room for it :angel " while he is still driving the junker that could fall apart at any time.

Ya never know, once they get it they may decide to keep it after all.

Don't take this too seriously :boxing , it just a comment. Although it does happen that way around Wisconsin. :jester

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
Bummer, I would have kept the SSR......

RickSSR :cool

G

·
Until they drive it!

FUZZY said:
Do you think they would keep it if the wife had one the SSR instead of the husband?
That could change the whole ordeal. You know the, "if you won it we really don't need it :nono and could use the money instead" while he is driving the junker trunk that could fall apart at any time, but if she won it "we'll just have to get rid of my car so we have room for it :angel " while he is still driving the junker that could fall apart at any time.

Ya never know, once they get it they may decide to keep it after all.

Don't take this too seriously :boxing , it just a comment. Although it does happen that way around Wisconsin. :jester
Now, now... Y'All know as soon as they drive it - they'll keep it. That's how I convinced my hubby...he said we didn't need another 2-seater (his Z06 and the SSR) but then he drove it and that was that!!! :angel

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wildcat66 said:
How cool to know someone actually won!!! To bad he can't keep it. :(
Yeah - big bummer they can't/won't keep it - or so they say. Thats the reason I sent the dealership email - maybe after a drive or two and a look see here - they will change their minds?????

·
Registered
579 Posts
Not Me

If they don't need it they should just give it to me! Even though I already have an SSR, why not have two or three? :thumbs I'm sure I could find someplace to put it. Come to think of it, I don't use the living room much. :lol I'll even pay the tax. Just think about it. If they gave the truck away they could get a huge tax write off. I qualify as a charity ;) and it would be for a good cause!

Nevertheless, if they decide not to give it to me and sell it then they should be careful about what additions they make. In most cases, SSR's still do not get all of their asking price. Most of the time they sell at or below invoice. So they should do the only logical thing-give it to me! :reddevil

:seeya E :seeya

Orange SSR :ssr

·
Registered
178 Posts
kwhopper89 said:
I emailed the dealership - asked them to let the new owners know of SSRfanatic...

Ardmore man wins new vehicle from local dealership
By Sheila J. Robinson
Staff Writer
What started out as a trip to the store on Tuesday for an Ardmore man wound up with a phone call telling his wife he had won a new vehicle from a local dealership.

"It was today," said Cristy, wife of Donavan Ellis. "It's an SSR. It's one of those truck looking things but it's kind of a car, too."

She wasn't sure how much the vehicle sells for, but when they looked it up on the internet it was between $41,000-$43,000.

"They told us they will give us the base car and they will give us so much to put what accessories we want on there," Cristy said. "We are supposed to get a letter from UPS tomorrow. When we get the letter, we have to go up to Brad Fenton. On that letter, it's going to tell us the price and all that stuff."

She also wasn't sure how much the taxes on the vehicle would run, but knew it would be up to them to pay the tags, tax and title.

"They will give us a 1099, so I'm guessing we'll just file it with our taxes next year," Cristy said. "Then we go to Brad Fenton tomorrow and pick the color and what all we want on there. We get so much money to put the accessories on there."

They had heard about the Hot Button promotion the dealership was participating in, and according to Cristy, it was something her husband wanted to try.

"I sent him to the store to get me something to drink," she said. "I didn't know he was going but he was gone forever. He called me and he couldn't hardly talk. I said 'Where are you at?"

"He goes, 'don't be mad at me,' but I just won a car,'" Cristy said. "I didn't believe him. The sales lady got on and said, 'Yes ma'am, I wouldn't lie to you.' Then Wayne (Enyart) got on and said, 'Congratulations, your husband is a lucky man!"

Cristy still didn't believe it so she called the dealership back in a little while and ask if someone had won a vehicle and if so, who it was. The person who answered the phone told her it was Donavan Ellis.

"I said, 'That's my husband and I didn't believe him," Cristy said and laughed.

Donavan works as a clean room tech at Southwest Silicon Technology. The couple have three daughters, ages 13, 8 and 3. Although the family needed another vehicle, Cristy doubted they would keep the new vehicle.

"My husband has a truck that is just a hunk of junk," she said. "What we'll probably do is sell the SSR and get what we want, because we don't need anything that fancy."

I think he needs to sell the wife and kids and keep the ssr. just kidding of course! :jester

·
Registered
216 Posts
surely one of the conditions of the contest is keeping the car for an alloted amount of time...

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
The Hard part...

One of my co-workers won a Corvette, He said it almost bankrupted him paying the income taxes.

For some, he hard part of winning is having to pay state and federal income taxes on the full book value. That could be something like 20-35%.

Lets see, ~50,000 * .35 = $17500.

That would be a heavy fine for winning, and if you don't get a good resale value, there might not be a lot left to buy something else. :mad

Here is Calif. I wonder if sales tax would have to be paid on top of income tax. That would be odd. Let's see, I'd get whacked for over 40% of the value of the truck by the time, income, sales, and licensing fees were paid. Ouch!

I mean, If it's income then it's not a purchase, is it? How could it be both?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Good Point

But isn't that the reason we live in this wonderful state!!!
I don't know how to work the sarcastic smiley face.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts