·
Ret. Air Force
3,720 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,968 Posts
Car fax shows it also spent time in Michigan
9 owners ?? or different car dealers // one minor accident
Wonder what the toggle switch in glove box is for??

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,172 Posts
The interior shot shows it is a 6 speed. Pretty good ding left front wheel but srill a good price.

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Reactions: Mr. Bill

·
Ret. Air Force
3,720 Posts
Wonder what the toggle switch in glove box is for??
Toggle switch reminds me of my friend's cars...growing up in California in the 70's and 80's...several of my buddies had the hydraulic lifts in place of shocks!! :laugh:
I seriously doubt this switch is for the same purpose. :grin2:

·
Daily Driver
8,948 Posts
For sale in Ohio...I would definitely check closely for possible rust and corrosion from road salt.
NOT SAYING that it has been or was driven in the snow, probably a good chance that it might have.
Otherwise, really clean looking vehicle...goodbye for someone and good buy for someone else!!
:wink2:
I've been driving mine all winter through snow and salt and dark of night for 13 winters and there is no rust on the body. Some on the frame and uncoated suspension parts but cosmetic.

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,883 Posts
Many of us have that knee jerk reaction to a vehicle that has lived at least part of its life in the northern US. There have been many improvements made by car makers over the years to increase a vehicle's ability to resist rust. I personally would be much more concerned about a vehicle that might have been damaged and not repaired properly. It all really boils down to looking a vehicle over closely to ensure it is in the condition it is advertised to be in.

Dave

·
Premium Member
532 Posts
I purchased my 'R' new in R.I. and although it has spent most of it's life in CT., I can assure you it has never been driven in snow and very rarely in rain. So it is not a given that all cars from the N.E. have salt damage. I now keep it here in FLA.

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
3,151 Posts
Many of us have that knee jerk reaction to a vehicle that has lived at least part of its life in the northern US. There have been many improvements made by car makers over the years to increase a vehicle's ability to resist rust. I personally would be much more concerned about a vehicle that might have been damaged and not repaired properly. It all really boils down to looking a vehicle over closely to ensure it is in the condition it is advertised to be in.

Dave
The bigger problem with them is not so much body rust but things like fuel and brake lines. I have replaced both fuel and brake lines on other vehicles I own because of the salt they now spray on the roads and then when it gets wet it coats everything under the vehicle. I had an S10 that while just moving it in the driveway the rear line gave up. I have had to replace fuel lines on my Duramax and it is an 05 but was driven daily. Luckily both of them are readily available parts for them. I don't know if the brake and fuel lines are easy to get for the SSRs

1 - 13 of 13 Posts