Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was driving in Philly yesterday heading to a meeting and got stuck at a light where a homeless person was sitting looking very hagard and out of it. His sign said something to the effect that he was an extremely disabled vet, was homeless, and needed money for food.

When he saw my car he JUMPED UP from where he was sitting and ran up to my car engaging me in a perfectly lucid conversation about what a cool car I had and how it was the first SSR he had actually seen.

Then afterwards he went back to sitting under the tree and being 'disabled'.

ONLY IN AN SSR!

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,200 Posts
I got a hearty thumbs up from one of those guys yesterday at an off-ramp stop light. He never bothered to ask for money, he just wanted to tell me it was a sweet ride....

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
Need Money

Saw a guy with a sign that said, "Need Money, saving for an SSR". Just kidding :lol :lol But I really saw this one at an off ramp in San Jose, CA. A guy was standing there with a paper bag over his head with holes for eyes and nose and a sign that said, "Need money for plastic surgery". I was 1 lane over but others laughing as hard as my wife and I were giving the guy money. I guess it pays to be original.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Watch it if you go to New York. The hobos out there, wait for a red light and then when you're stopped at the light, they run out, spit on your windshield, and with a dirty rag that they've picked up somewhere, they wipe your windshield, and proceed to put their hands out for a tip. :banghead

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that used to happen at every darn street corner in the city until they passed a law against it.

the trick is to simply put on your wipers while you yell at them to get the H*** away from your car!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts