Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
John and Suzie
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
driving rain on the way home from my volunteer job when the car in front braked suddenly and I had to swerve to miss but did a 360 in heavy traffic and ended up hitting her anyway. I stopped They just kept going ?????????? Who knows why they did not stop as I hit them. Got some of it on my dash cam. Police did not want to know.

Here is a photo of the Damage.

On the way to see Brent to get it fixed.

Attachments

·
RED SLED
440 Posts
driving rain on the way home from my volunteer job when the car in front braked suddenly and I had to swerve to miss but did a 360 in heavy traffic and ended up hitting her anyway. I stopped They just kept going ?????????? Who knows why they did not stop as I hit them. Got some of it on my dash cam. Police did not want to know.

Holy Smoke, lucky, lucky, lucky.

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,385 Posts
Some Police departments because of a shortage of personnel, and shortage of funds have set up criteria like:
1. No one hurt.
2. under a certain dollar amount
3. etc.

Then they don't come out. Just call your own insurance. It stinks but that is the world we live in. That is why you need good insurance and under insured coverage and uninsured coverage to cover all the scenarios. At least no one hurt. Bad thing is it involves the gas tank area and filler neck and may get into your custom colors area. Hope the repairs go easy. Could be spendy. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,612 Posts
Thats a heck of a deal!!! Hope y'all are physically ok. Good luck on the fix.

Nick

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
2,660 Posts
Good luck. I understand, mine's getting body work as we speak.

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,385 Posts
Looked at it again. Pretty good shot to the side impact. I would ask to have the wheel checked for bent and make sure no problems with the axle and or rearend.

·
Premium Member
38,465 Posts
My worst nightmare! Glad to hear you're not hurt.

Weird the cops don't want to follow up?

Hope every works out for you.

:black:
:purple:
Krazy Ed

·
Premium Member
2005 Redline SSR 6 speed, 2013 Porsche Cayenne S 4.8 Liter, 1990 Harley Davidson FatBoy FLSTF
190 Posts
Sooo sorry that this to you and your beautiful Sling Shot SSR . 90 Fatbo

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
3,833 Posts
Well that just stinks! I guess it could have been worse and you didn't get a ticket! :wink2:

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts

Dang it, man! Glad your ok!

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

·
Have SSR...will travel!!
1,278 Posts
Sorry about the damage. So glad you are it physically hurt.

·
Premium Member
1,833 Posts
Could of been a lot worse...no injuries are good! If you need a qrtr panel let me know. Got a set in my garage.

OLDxR

1 - 20 of 22 Posts