Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somehow Betsy got a big booboo. :cry The problem is on the driver's side lower headlight and the front grill. (THE SILVER PIECE THAT RUN ACROSS THE FRONT WITH CHEVROLET ON IT.) The scraped headlight I can live with but the crack in the grill is bad. I was wondering if anyone knows how to replace the front piece and how much it costs. Haven't been able to find parts list on line that had it listed. I would sure appreciate any input. It just makes me sick to look at it, :nodno but could have been worse, no paint damage. I don't how it happened or what did it, but just makes me sad to see it. :confused Oh well, it's just a truck HA HA :ssr

K

·
0 Posts
Sorry to hear about the booboo. I had a rock fly up from a semi in fron t of me and put a gash in mine the first week I had the truck. The part is expensive, about $340.00, with only about an hour or two of labor for the installation. I had to wait almost a month for the part to come in. Best of luck!!

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,105 Posts
Pulling the front Trim

The brushed aluminum colored cross piece has industrial strength velcro holding it to the front of the truck on each end and there may be a couple fasteners through the front bumper in the center (not sure). If there are fasteners in the center, you need to disconnect them first and then pry the ends off the headlights with a flat tool....... very carefully. You might get the local Chevrolet Body Shop to do it for you if you are unsure of yourself.

Attached is something out of a parts book. Part numbers are right, prices are close.....

Good Luck,

Mike

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,712 Posts
Moulding

A new mldg from Chev list for $319.67 and comes with a new bowtie as part of the assy. Can't just by mldg separetly which is a shame because the bowtie itself lists for $116.90.
Very easy to remove mldg assy. GM Part #15234614
Doug

·
Enjoying life as it comes
5,205 Posts
Front bar removal

Is very simple and easy.

You'll need a 7 millimeter socket and ratchet or just 7 mm wrench.

There are two screws located just inside the fender under the hood. Once these are removed, grab the ends of the cross bar, one at a time, and pry outwards firmly, but be ready to stop as soon as it releases. Then repeat for the opposite side. You are now ready to install the new bar. Simply slide into place and tap litely to lock in place, then install the two previously removed screws and you're done.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's great to have friends

Thanks guys. You've been a really big help. My husband will order the part and you've given me the confidence that we can install it ourselves. She'll be beautiful again in no time. :cool

:angel I LOVE THIS FORUM< YOU GUYS (AND GALS) ARE GREAT !!! :thumbs

·
Registered
254 Posts
It would be nice to know

whether the bright chrome one can be bought as well as the brushed chrome, and if the prices are similar. :confused

1 - 7 of 7 Posts