Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OPPINIONS PLEASE: I see people selling 03 and 04 and buying 05. Those of you that have or are planning to do this can you tell me you’re reasoning. Are you after the bigger motor, or is it to have the last year made or is it for some other reason. I would appreciate your thoughts Thanks. :skep

·
Registered
421 Posts
I did it because the LS2 in the o5 is making the market drop on the 03s and 04s. So, I decided to get out and lose 12K before waiting a few more months and losing 18K. But I mainly did it for the simple reason that I had to have that Corvette engine.

·
Registered
413 Posts
i have driven the 05s and they are great but i have no plans to get rid of my 04 be honest with your self How many times will you need 90 more hp if ever

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
More Horse / save loss, O.K. Thanks Matjow for your reason, that helps. I have a Traffic light toy already and I’m buying a SSR as an interstate glider. What other reasons are you owners switching? :grouphug

·
Registered
116 Posts
2005 Ssr

Admittedly I have never driven a 2003/4 SSR, but the power of the 2005 is simply amazing. Coming out of a curve and stepping on it will take your breath away. I feel for the 03/04 owners who are impacted in the resale area due to the engine/transmission combination in the 2005, and had I been able to afford an SSR in prior years I would be in the same position with them.

All I can say is the 2005 is wicked fast and a whole lotta fun both in style and performance.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i bought an 05 because i wanted the bigger engine and the safety of the new hood struts, but mostly because i got an offer i couldn't refuse...it IS faster and smoother and throatier and i am crazy for my SSR all over again.....the dude who bought my 04 is local so i have stars on my new sweetness...just a little personal touch!!...i don't do much interstate driving...mostly country roads...always the long slow route.... ALWAYS a pleasure....

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have not driven an 05, but several people on this forum have and several people feel that the 6.0 doesnt not have the same throaty sound as the 03/04 5.3. Just do a search on "throatier"

I really love the way my 04 sounds and I can buy 135 hp much cheaper than 10K for my 04 and live with the hood prop and have the color I really want , purple :D

·
Registered
168 Posts
6-Speed???

REB,

I have no plans to trade, but that 6-speed is tempting. I really wanted the first year run, but when I first saw renderings of this truck I envisioned a manual. The nostalgia of the lines seemed to call out for it to me. My memories of the old chevy trucks always include that stick at the floor and the "hot rod" aura should include a manual. I was not disappointed with the horses, as several others were, but I really wanted to clutch.

It is hard for me to justify trading just for the tranny, but for me that would be the reason (if $15K happened to fall in my lap). Having a bit more oomph would be fun as icing on the cake (and some of the other updates). Maybe I would be better off turning down my dealer's offer to test drive the first 6-490. Hmmm.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I don't know gentlemen,I've got a early 03 and i've made justa few mods to it and it's becoming a real animal.I was upset when I heard that the 6.0 manual was coming out but when you compare trading up to the 05 or 06 and spending a little cash for the peformance upgrades, it's a no brainer to me. Iv'e been having a blast tinkering with my 03.Once I get my longtube stainless headers, this thing is really going to s--t and git.
Craig

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hp

REBEL said:
OPPINIONS PLEASE: I see people selling 03 and 04 and buying 05. Those of you that have or are planning to do this can you tell me you’re reasoning. Are you after the bigger motor, or is it to have the last year made or is it for some other reason. I would appreciate your thoughts Thanks. :skep
yes the 390 hp is great, I have a 01 vette and the SSR is almost as much fun....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts