Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in finding options for being able to stabilize cargo at the back tailgate end. Ideally I would like a bed extender but I know that they didn't make one for the SSR. I like the idea of a rack or partition that would keep cargo from moving about but I am not interested in something like a Ratcheting Cargo Bar. Any ideas? I was wondering if a bed extender from an older model like the Ford Explorer could be retrofitted for it.

·
Premium Member
668 Posts
If you’re looking for something to just keep things from sliding around, put in one of Mikes fender protectors. Things sitting on it stay put, it protects the bed floor (and carpet and wood strips if so equipt) and adds another SSR logo in the bed. Unless you’re pulling a few Gs accelerating/cornering/braking, your cargo will be right where you put it when you arrive.

·
Premium Member
7,342 Posts
A bed extender from an older model like the Ford Explorer ... are you kidding ??? :smile2: :smile2: :smile2: SSR Minion, that is a very risky decision. Your SSR may never run right if you add a FORD part to your beautiful Chevrolet "hand built" Super Sport Roadster.

That may be a decision that has to be voted at the next "Stockholders Meeting" on the 2nd Wednesday between Christmas and New Years. Weather conditions could postpone it to February the 30th 2019 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Just havin' fun with ya' tennesseecozydog :ssr

·
2,425 Posts
I use a trailblazer net don’t need a bar. Works for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts