Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,359 Posts
#23387 was a factory order. Silver on black, 6 speed, chrome package, carpeted bed. I ordered it just how I wanted it - then I changed pretty much everything.:laugh:

·
Premium Member
2,252 Posts
Ordered mine and received it on Dec. 12, 2003. Have never even thought about selling it.

Reactions: Auggie Doggie

·
Slingshot Rules!
73,923 Posts
Another ME TOO, Marc.

The Doophus had a whopping 18 Miles on the odometer (still have pictures for proof) when I drove him off the lot in Auburn, Illinois way back in July of 2005.

! :banana ! :cheers ! :banana ! :cheers ! :banana !

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
2004 Smokin' Asphalt #11150
45,804 Posts
Original owner just 3 miles on the clock when we drove it off the lot !!!!!!! :banana:cheer::banana:cheer::banana:cheer:

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
I bought my "HOT-SSR" off the lot with only 7 miles on it; and I put most of those on while test driving it ? I still own it and enjoy it every day. Purchased it on my wife's birthday 09/2004.

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
I had been wondering the same thing. The other day when I was a little bored, I went to the general discussion thread and went back to the first pages on the forum. About 14 years ago. I recognized Flassh as a regular and saw a couple of other familiar names.

The same questions and comments are still being asked and given today. I saw the same question I asked shortly after I got mine. "what are those empty clips for in the roof storage compartment on the wall behind the seats"

"hey,one of the coolest things, the windows drop a little before the door opens"

And this was a good one-"there is a small black box under the bed near the right rear wheel, I don't see any wires or anything coming out of it, anyone know what it is?"

You guys must have some serious wrinkles caused by that permagrin.:grin2:

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,477 Posts
I bought mine off the dealers used car lot with 1100 miles on it but they would not tell me anything about why it came back. I consider myself the original owner but probably do not really qualify. Maybe Cash can chase the history for me, in his spare time.:grin2:

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,616 Posts
Original Owner! :silver:

I had to order mine twice at my favorite dealership. First, I ordered it with Silver and Chrome wheels. Then later on the Dealer called me back and said he couldn't submit my order because the Chrome wheels were on constraint. :( So I then had them change it to Red with Satin wheels. Later on I had someone within GM help me to get a hold of the scheduler that worked at the LCC plant. She was able to help me make a total of 3 changes throughout the SSR assembly process.

First, I was able to get slotted in for the chrome wheels, then 2 days later I had my color changed back to Silver from Red. Finally I was able to add my auxiliary gauge package while my SSR was being built onto my window sticker. :)

·
Super Moderator
13,988 Posts
Not sure how many of these are members but there are a "lot" of One Owner SSR's
Over the past couple months I have run Car Faxes on some of the TuTones, trying to establish mileage, location etc.
Car Fax is not all that accurate in having ownership numbers correct but have to think they get most right

:silver: :black: - I found 55 of 134 total were One Owner (40%)
:black: :silver: - (researched FPR only) 20 of 67 One Owner (30%)

1 - 20 of 52 Posts