·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
66 Posts
Thanks for the link!

Ouch - don't know if I like that. The guy did a great job with design but I'm not sure I like it on the red. Mine is red and I was thinking about flames. Now I have to rethink. I'm not sure I like that.

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
flames on red

I thought that those would look fantastic on black.....but on red....it just doesn't seem to work well. Maybe it looks a lot better in person.

C

·
0 Posts
Black for sure!

looking4_an_ssr said:
I thought that those would look fantastic on black.....but on red....it just doesn't seem to work well. Maybe it looks a lot better in person.

Check out the HRPT thread with the pics Deb btook of Grillman's ride. That is truly awesome - and the story behind it makes it all the better!

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
grillman's ride

I saw the pictures posted ot Grillmans SSR, but I didn't see the story that goes with it......you can't tell us there is this great story and then not tell it!
(If I just missed the post, sorry, I'll go back and reread)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Noel & Deb said:
Ouch - don't know if I like that. The guy did a great job with design but I'm not sure I like it on the red. Mine is red and I was thinking about flames. Now I have to rethink. I'm not sure I like that.
I dont like it on red. :reddevil

·
Registered
66 Posts
Grillman's story

I think it is grillman's place to tell his story but I guess I'll let you know anyway. He is trying to market the grill so he wanted realistic flames. He got a guy who NEVER painted any like it before to agree to watch a training video then do it. He wasn't sure how long it would take and didn't know how much to charge. Grillman got him to agree to a top out cost of 3,000. When the guy finished he worked up the materials+manhours to be about 10,000. I couldn't believe he let the guy use his as a trial car but the gamble was worth it. The flames are all over the car. Inside, under the engine, on the back - everywhere. It looks like the car is on fire. I wouldn't have been able to risk it!

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
story

Thanks for the story. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts