Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DO YOU NEED SUPER ELECTRIC MAN???

DO YOU HAVE AN SSR ELECTICAL QUESTION??

HERE IS WHERE I GO!! AND YOU SHOULD TOO!!

Ed Borland, SITE NAME: "ED in FL".

He is our Electrical Guru and retired from Duke Energy.

He was the trouble shooter for Power Company on all Generating Plants.

He is our "GO TO GUY" and should be yours also.

Roof, fuse box, Roof Door/Window Module, Sound system, anything electrical.

Ed did the Roof Presentation at the National Tech Seminar.

If you want the DVD.

http://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/f5/free-national-tech-seminar-dvd-69377/

Dicktator

·
Premium Member
521 Posts
Congratulations ED... I already knew who I would ask if I had any R electrical problems so it's great that you volunteered to help us all out.

So glad you decided to buy that R when you did.

We'll keep you busy in retirement I'm sure.

LargoSSR05
Alex

·
Registered
1 Posts
My SSR warning lights are flashing continually

dash warning lights keep going on and off and the information center keeps rotating saying "unknown driver"

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Hey Ed I have a complete ssr dash in my 51 Chevy had to put in street rod wipers not enough room for ssr setup which wires coming from turn lever go to wipers, seems strange that they took them into the engine bay then back through the firewall on the right? Also 2 of my heater controls don't light up bulb? One more I'm going to make the tail gate sw in the glove box oper my trunk, but don't see where the wire goes to rear in the loom, thanks for any help, Mike 1951ssr

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hooking Up Accessory To Brake Circuit

Hi Ed and others. I have an lighted windscreen I would like to connect it to the brake circuit so the light on the screen comes on when I engage the brakes and shuts off when I disengage. The wires are coming out of the screen in the cabin and I want to route them to the brake circuit wires as easily as possible. Connecting to the fuse box behind the seat doesn't work as the brake fuse circuit when taped does not go on and off... it stays hot. I have a vampire connector to connect the positive lead. Unfortunately the manufacturer of the screen was of no help when I asked this question. Thanks-Ron

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Ed,you are the best!
The work you & the Dicktator,did on my SSR is great. I enjoyed the drive home ( back to Pa.) & tried to make as many turns as possiable,just to see the Muth mirrows work.
Thanks again

·
Premium Member
1,396 Posts
Ed to the rescue

While at Maggie and attending the car show who should appear but" Ready Eddie the Kilowatt Guru". My problem was at nite the glare:crazy from the led windscreen would hinder my vision. A quick fix was in order and perhaps an on/off switch would be in the future...Thanks ED you're the best!!!!!;)

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi guys
Like to Know where is locate ecm box on m'y 2003 ssr
ECM, or PCM, depending which part of the manual you read, is located drivers side engine compartment, near radiator.

It will have a rubber boot over the unit.

ONLY 03/04 were protected with rubber boot over ECM. 05/06 are not.

ECM, Engine Control Module
PCM, Power Control Module

Both the same.

Dicktator

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have an 05 ssr.it will not start when it hot,it has 10lbs in the fuel rail,when it cool off it will start.can anyone help me.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,173 Posts

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
3,981 Posts
ALL the gages on my '06 act normal when I turn the key ON. then on start up they sweep completely clockwise then back to normal? tried to find something in search but only found about inaccurate readings or stuck gages. also nothing in owners manual. thanks

·
Proud Original Owner
17,999 Posts
ALL the gages on my '06 act normal when I turn the key ON. then on start up they sweep completely clockwise then back to normal? tried to find something in search but only found about inaccurate readings or stuck gages. also nothing in owners manual. thanks
The sweep to right, then back to normal is normal for all SSRs.

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
3,981 Posts
Thanks Flying Dog!!! after reading all the post and threads on all the problems I was thing the worse.

1 - 20 of 125 Posts