Chevy SSR Forum banner

41 - 60 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey ED Good Morning
I tried that part # 174910-2 on 5-6 GM sites an it came up no such part. I did find part # 15787512 Module ( little confused it showed a pic of a plug) which said it was Roof Trac, Control Door Locks & Window Switch, (sounds like it) an your right it's a 20 Pin connector but I can't get a pic of the receiving end of that plug or Module an does $334.66 sound right to you. So we're on the same page I'm adapting 20004 SSR center console an waterfall trim too a 1952 Chevy pick up an want the SSR window, door locks an roof switches too work( I'll use the roof switch for something else maybe a power parking brake switch) . I don't mind buying it, but only want to buy it once. Any thoughts an thanks again for your help.
Jim

·
Registered
1 Posts
have 04 ssr ,Tach sweeps to right on start then back to 2500,kill it it stays at 2500 but works from 2500 0n up,alsoABS light started comeing on but goes out. any suggestions?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Good afternoon, I have a 06 SSR, and recently I have a problem with the wiper blades coming on and cycling while it is in the off position. At first I thought the switch itself has gone bad and had it replaced and the problem still exists. I spoke with the repair shop and they feel it is the wiper motor itself that has gone bad. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem may be, and if it is the wiper motor does anyone know where I may find a replacement motor?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Take a look at this, and this
If you do a search for wiper motor coming on you'll get about five pages of results.
Thanks xoxoxoBruce, I am looking at the links now, I did find them earlier but my computer hicuped and I was having trouble finding the threads again.

Gotta love this site, you always get the support you need for everything.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Blower motor wont shut off

Hey Ed,

I have a 2004 SSR and I recently ran into an issue of my blower motor not shutting off when I remove the key from the ignition.

I ended up removing the fuse, but I would like to get the issue fixed ASAP.

We recently replaced the blower motor resistor so I know that is not part of my problem.

Any advice would be great!

Thanks!
Glenn

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
Any electrical connection you see, touch or remove should be reinstalled using dielectric
grease applied to the contacts. This will insure a good contact and help to prevent moisture from corroding the contacts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
2005 SSR Electrical TROUBLE..

It first started running rough after sitting for awhile, thought it was bad fuel, got worse, took it to the shop , they said #4 coil, changed that , didnt work.
Driving home, ABS, TC, Brake system scrolling, changed brakes, didnt help.
Now has loss of power, locks going up and down, cant get roof closed, says reduce speeed, dash freaking out. going from D,R etc.
(changed ignition switch about a year ago, and new battery)
ANY info would HELP!! thank you.:blur:

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
It first started running rough after sitting for awhile, thought it was bad fuel, got worse, took it to the shop , they said #4 coil, changed that , didnt work.
Driving home, ABS, TC, Brake system scrolling, changed brakes, didnt help.
Now has loss of power, locks going up and down, cant get roof closed, says reduce speeed, dash freaking out. going from D,R etc.
(changed ignition switch about a year ago, and new battery)
ANY info would HELP!! thank you.:blur:
Check grounds. Specially the one by the battery.

Go to SSR How to Library, here is link.

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=3ef39d9f5adce5e5&id=3EF39D9F5ADCE5E5!853

Dicktator

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
My windows have quit lowering a half inch when I open door...Is there an actuator for them that I can replace??
Before Ed jumps in, try re-indexing windows.

Put window down, HOLD switch DOWN for 10 seconds. Now put window up and HOLD switch UP for 10 seconds.

This reprograms windows.

Dicktator

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Well , 1 new not so much a problem when I went to start the engine seemed like it didn't kick over all the way when I to try again Nothing. Took the key got out went in the house I went back started rite up ,engine light stayed on about 5 minutes than went out this happened twice .I just don't want to end by the side of the road

·
Tech Support/Research
1,617 Posts
Starting Issue

Hi Bill:

Your post might be moved to another section of the forum but anyway I suggest you start by having the truck read for stored error codes using an OBD code reader/scan tool.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a 2003 SSR, purchased new, have 46.000 on it the speedometer hand and the gas gage hand have gone crazy the speedometer is stuck at six o clock and the gas gage is at about 7. What to do? Can the instrument cluster be taken out without removing the dashboard if so can you tell me how? Thanks Fred

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,246 Posts
I have a 2003 SSR, purchased new, have 46.000 on it the speedometer hand and the gas gage hand have gone crazy the speedometer is stuck at six o clock and the gas gage is at about 7. What to do? Can the instrument cluster be taken out without removing the dashboard if so can you tell me how? Thanks Fred
===========================
Fred, it sounds like your stepper motors are toast.

You need to replace all five of them. You can coax the gauge cluster out without removing the entire length of the dash----just make sure the dash is "warm" enough. Let it sit in the sun for awhile so it will give as much as it can.

Also, check the How-To Library for some tips and pictures to help.

Good luck,
David :black:

41 - 60 of 125 Posts