Chevy SSR Forum banner

61 - 80 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
cluster gauges

Thanks David, I am new at computers and I don't know where to find the How-to site with pictures, also we think there are two screws on either side of the cluster but not sure how to get too them, thanks again Fred

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,246 Posts
Thanks David, I am new at computers and I don't know where to find the How-to site with pictures, also we think there are two screws on either side of the cluster but not sure how to get too them, thanks again Fred
=======================
Fred, Go to upper left red toolbar and click
FORUMS
Next scroll down to DISCUSSION section. Under that you will see sub-forum HOW TO LIBRARY. Click on that & many icon choices will open up to you. Scroll down to the dash removal section and click on it.

You got this!!

David :black:

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Need help with speedometer issues

DO YOU NEED SUPER ELECTRIC MAN???

DO YOU HAVE AN SSR ELECTICAL QUESTION??

HERE IS WHERE I GO!! AND YOU SHOULD TOO!!

Ed Borland, SITE NAME: "ED in FL".

He is our Electrical Guru and retired from Duke Energy.

He was the trouble shooter for Power Company on all Generating Plants.

He is our "GO TO GUY" and should be yours also.

Roof, fuse box, Roof Door/Window Module, Sound system, anything electrical.

Ed did the Roof Presentation at the National Tech Seminar.

If you want the DVD.

http://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/f5/free-national-tech-seminar-dvd-69377/

Dicktator
I'm a new member/user and have a lot to learn re: how this site works. Hopefully this message gets to you.

I've researched my speedo needle sticking problem in the tech forum and apparently the stepper motor is the culprit. I'd like to see if Ed in FL can fix this kind of thing, but have been unable to figure out how to contact him. Can you help?

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

Green Tuxedo

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
I'm a new member/user and have a lot to learn re: how this site works. Hopefully this message gets to you.

I've researched my speedo needle sticking problem in the tech forum and apparently the stepper motor is the culprit. I'd like to see if Ed in FL can fix this kind of thing, but have been unable to figure out how to contact him. I'm not comfortable digging into this myself. Can you help me contact him?

Green Tuxedo

·
Premium Member
815 Posts

I've researched my speedo needle sticking problem in the tech forum and apparently the stepper motor is the culprit. I'd like to see if Ed in FL can fix this kind of thing, but have been unable to figure out how to contact him. I'm not comfortable digging into this myself. Can you help me contact him?

Green Tuxedo
There's an internal email system within the forum called Private Mail (often referred to as PM). Being a new user, it's probably not been turned on for your account yet. Once it is you can contact Ed in Fl or Dragon2U about fixing your gauges.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Hi,
after Hibernation, I got my R back to life yesterday. Had a nice trip without any problem, but after parking for a coffee I was facing bigger electrical issues.
Different failure lights went on: ABS, TC, Engine, ... speedo wasn´t working too so as gear info. I got the car back home in "limp home mode" (right word?, no power - torque gauge was showing max 100, no automatic shifting)

Any ideas? I would guess, that maybe some sensor failed?

·
OP
8,224 Posts
Hi,
after Hibernation, I got my R back to life yesterday. Had a nice trip without any problem, but after parking for a coffee I was facing bigger electrical issues.
Different failure lights went on: ABS, TC, Engine, ... speedo wasn´t working too so as gear info. I got the car back home in "limp home mode" (right word?, no power - torque gauge was showing max 100, no automatic shifting)

Any ideas? I would guess, that maybe some sensor failed?
The first thought is always the ignition switch, BUT since it ran fine early and then after it was warmed up and you made a short stop and restart is when problems began, I would check the underhood fuse block.

Once it is cold again, restart and see if all is well...if so, I would bet you have a bad fuse block and it needs to be repaired or replaced.

http://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/f103/ignition-switch-install-pictures-56767/

https://af6xxa-sn3301.files.1drv.com/y3mKd7hZnbPVdu6HQMbKXxR8PxSS0KD5k3tR6k90LAKlx9ssXy3KVBCkigqCdF3PydlxS2GANi-oO_yV8ipLNZdF2uLP7N6K92KEh4N369iw7POhL3xO74MI28o-NnhLQRR/FUSE BOX REPAIR-ENGINE Rev.12-14.pdf?psid=1

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Not sure it is fuse box, usual 05/06 fuse box failure is "run for 30/45 min and shot down, ie. STOP".

Cool down, start again.

I would suggest you start your R.

Shut it off, pull fuse #27 under hood, leave out for 30 minutes and replace.

This reboots ECM "Computer".

May correct it.

Dicktator

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #70

Green Tuxedo
Yes, Stepper motors, change all 5 while it is off.

OEM was C5-168 we are replacing with 127-168, much better motor.

Mike aka Dragon2U can change them and I can also change them.

Ed doesn't do stepper motors.

My speedometer was reading 120mph while in my garage with the door down, now that is FAST!

Dicktator

·
Black "R"
50 Posts
new member need help 05 R fuse box bad wire

Hi Dicktator and ED in FL,

Hi Guys , am a New Member in search of help for my fuse box bad wire syndrome !
Just posted in new member thread, my help questions, then saw this thread about the two of you.
First , Thanks sooo much for getting me this far ! On this issue.

I have the fuse box removed and am trying to open it without destroying it.
1) Is it simply, drill out the backs (round side) ,of the 4 Square head connectors and then separate ?

2) Then, Is the wire needed a "Special Wire" or is it as simple as standard solid copper wire (Home Depot) or in my garage? Of the correct gauge. Newly Routed as you show ?

3) Then, upon reassembly , have you guys created a fastener , for the drilled out connector ? or since its a threaded connector , will it still work correctly without the round backing.?

Ed in FL , if I cannot do this I would like to get the mailing address and payment info so I may send it to you for permanent repair.

Thanks in advance for your help , even when , you didn't even know, you were helping me !

Chris

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Short update, I was in a small garage, but OBDII is just telling:"No communication with gear box". It seems, that I have to go to a Chevy dealer and pay for their chrystal palace ... :(

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #76

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
I love this community!

Thanks, Dicktator. I tried to find the Problem like discribed, but couldn´t find anything. Not being an electrical mastermind I may have failed in reading the circuit diagram.

So finally I lost my patience and drove her to the Chevy dealer. Let´s cross fingers ...

Keep you posted about the result.

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
I love this community!

Thanks, Dicktator. I tried to find the Problem like discribed, but couldn´t find anything. Not being an electrical mastermind I may have failed in reading the circuit diagram.

So finally I lost my patience and drove her to the Chevy dealer. Let´s cross fingers ...

Keep you posted about the result.
Let us know Doc, I know you have link problem, usually ground.

But where? That is the question.

Dicktator

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Just got a call from the dealer. They cannot locate the problem. It seems that the car gets constantly the information, that it´s driving around.

The real issue is, they have no circuit diagrams. And for whatever reasons they can´t get them easily. For political and ethical correctness I won´t comment here. :mad2:

I know, that somewhere in this forum I´ve seen diagrams, so I´ll start searching ...

61 - 80 of 125 Posts