Chevy SSR Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
Day 6. Rally #30 now in the book (17 with 03...13 with 04), we will start our journey home tomorrow. Been a great day for me...49th wedding Anniversary to a wonderful women will now start our quest for 50, I know I will be good for the next 2 days cause she wouldn't do anything till we get home. Early start today for car show in with I won a stock top ten, got a win on the silent auction, also won a raffle prize, also LargoSSR05 gave me a present of a matchbox purple ssr and won the center piece at our table. Will be leaving for Canada in morning. Wifey & I have had a great time.

·
Premium Member
26,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I see that you made it until Wednesday, Happy 49th Anniversary, now you have a lot of pressure, make it another year to 50! Missing you guys and all of our SSR friends, but I'm sure the wedding that we are going to will be lots of fun, eh.
Thank you very much Ralph, by the time I get home will have only 363 days to go

·
Premium Member
26,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Day 7. Drove about 575 miles with company. Left with Barry Pattison from Canada and first rest stop Dennis (H0llister) showed up and drove with us to St. Louis, we pulled on to interstate and Mike (mjcowett) drove with us till Indianapolis, We also had a yellow one that joined us before St. Louis drove with us for about 45 mins but when we pulled off for gas & food he kept going. It was cool but dry & sunny we beded down in Daleville IN. Should finish this great trip tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Hey Ed!
Congrats on Ur Anniversary!!
Well deserved win for Ur Truck....
What a Rally and always great seeing U Both. Safe Travels and looking forward to Maggie.
George and Rita 👏👏👏👏👏🎂🍦🎉🙏🙏😁

·
Proud Original Owner
17,497 Posts
Day 7. Drove about 575 miles with company. Left with Barry Pattison from Canada and first rest stop Dennis (H0llister) showed up and drove with us to St. Louis, we pulled on to interstate and Mike (mjcowett) drove with us till Indianapolis, We also had a yellow one that joined us before St. Louis drove with us for about 45 mins but when we pulled off for gas & food he kept going. It was cool but dry & sunny we beded down in Daleville IN. Should finish this great trip tomorrow.
So that must have been you guys we saw in the rest area while we were moving slowly by in the traffic jam on I-44.
We had already passed the entry ramp or we would have joined you. Good looking group of folks & trucks!!

·
Premium Member
26,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
So that must have been you guys we saw in the rest area while we were moving slowly by in the traffic jam on I-44.
We had already passed the entry ramp or we would have joined you. Good looking group of folks & trucks!!
Yes that was us, there was a red that went by about 5 mins before you & a black about the same behind you...I think it was Scott & Karen.

·
Premium Member
26,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Hey Ed!
Congrats on Ur Anniversary!!
Well deserved win for Ur Truck....
What a Rally and always great seeing U Both. Safe Travels and looking forward to Maggie.
George and Rita 👏👏👏👏👏🎂🍦🎉🙏🙏😁
Thank you twice and didn't you get win at the show. It was great seeing you & Rita, alreally got my room booked for 2019.

·
Premium Member
26,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
Day 8. We have arrived home with last 575 miles not so lucky today, going around bypass at Fort Wayne IN took a rock off the windshield hasn't cracked out yet, hopefully can be repaired. Also drivers mirror isn't working good will check it out later. At the border we drove up to guard booth he said how are today, gave him our passports, he played on his computer for about 30 seconds then gave me passports and we we're off, not one question. Traffic around Toronto was so bad I took the toll road now down about 70 bucks. We had a great time at the rally & had our 49th anniversary there...Priceless. Will be hard to beat that anniversary if we make it to our 50th. Thanks to everyone that was at Branson, it will be a great memory in our lives that we will always cherish.

·
Proud Original Owner
17,497 Posts
Yes that was us, there was a red that went by about 5 mins before you & a black about the same behind you...I think it was Scott & Karen.
The black SSR traveling behind us was our friend Steve Cripe who is also from Peoria, IL.
Happy anniversary and glad you are home safe & sound!

·
Premium Member
26,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
The black SSR traveling behind us was our friend Steve Cripe who is also from Peoria, IL.
Happy anniversary and glad you are home safe & sound!
Thanks Ron, sorry wasn't very clear of what I meant. I meant a red one 5 mins ahead of you & Steve and a black one 5 mins behind you guys, which I thought was Scott & Karen. It was great meeting your breakfast buddy, glad you are now home safe & sound.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Happy Anniversary Ed your 4 years ahead of me, 45 years in November seems like only yesterday we tied the knot. One hell of a long day that's for sure haha. Good to see you again probably catch ya in Maggie Valley in May.

·
Premium Member
6,310 Posts
Thanks Ron, sorry wasn't very clear of what I meant. I meant a red one 5 mins ahead of you & Steve and a black one 5 mins behind you guys, which I thought was Scott & Karen. It was great meeting your breakfast buddy, glad you are now home safe & sound.
Ed, it was Scott and Karen that you saw. Glad to hear you all made it home safe!

·
Premium Member
26,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Happy Anniversary Ed your 4 years ahead of me, 45 years in November seems like only yesterday we tied the knot. One hell of a long day that's for sure haha. Good to see you again probably catch ya in Maggie Valley in May.
Thanks Mike, I'll try a save you a parking spot in Maggie Valley. 👍

·
Premium Member
26,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Ed, it was Scott and Karen that you saw. Glad to hear you all made it home safe!
Glad you also made it home safe. We left rest area about 2 mins after you went by travelling at 75 mph & didn't catch you. It was nice chatting with you. 👍

·
Premium Member
26,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #39 (Edited)
Summary of our trip. We had a great time and can't say anything but good things about David & his helpers. The event ran very smooth and Branson is one lovely place. It was great seeing old friends and making some new friends.
Show & shine had a nice touch with a top 10 for stock, this added more trucks in show. In other National rally not many stock trucks would even go in them cause it was all customs that won. Just ask Dave Robertson about his top ten stock, he was absolutely thrilled betcha he slept with it.
Weather was good only got a mist rain when driving between Columbus OH & Richmond IN, with all the talk about every day rain it sure didn't follow me.
Roads, best roads were in Canada, was a lot of construction in US. Worst traffic jam due to volume was also Canada on way home.
Not happy when took a rock off windshield about 500 miles from home, but it didn't crack out and got it filled today. Still can see where it hit, but I still get to have a original windshield, I can live with it.
Also had problem with drivers mirror, not sure how it happened we switched drivers, wifey changed mirrors was fine when we left rest area and by the time we got back on interstate when you looked at it all you saw was asphalt pulled off at next exit. It looked like glass was falling out push it back in where wifey could see, haven't touch it since, will wait till I take truck off the road in case I need parts. You can't drive truck without mirrors.
In all I give this rally a solid A+ and what a way to spend our 49th anniversary.
Once again Thank You David, all your helpers and all fanatics that show up too make this a great trip.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts