Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this something new on the '06 models? I didn't see this on my '05.

I assume the auxiliary gauges also have an outside temp gauge as on the '05, yes? That means there are TWO outside temp displays?

I saw this on an '06 Pacific Blue 6 speed for sale on ebay. Gotta love that bright chrome package on a Pacific Blue!

Attachments

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mike in AZ said:
Yup, OAT on DIC for '06.

Need to have GM do a software mod now for volts in the DIC as well.

OBTW Donnysan - looks like Aqua Blurr to me...
Yeah, now that I look at it...

the description just said "blue" but it's too dark for PB (though the shots were taken in a show room)

This shot is a true PB, and i can see it's much brighter.

Attachments

·
Registered
380 Posts
inside temp I have an '05 and mine only says "Possible Ice" and only when I first start up. I have the 1b pkg, is it supposed to give me the temp too?
Bard
:ssr

·
Registered
340 Posts
I found a Guage at eguages.com its a Cyberguage ultra Guage Cat # A024E061Y. I'm thinking about replaceing the transmission temp guage with it if I can make it work.:ssr

·
Registered
416 Posts
Hopefully the digital outside temp readout in the '06 DICs is more accurate than the analog gauge in the aux cluster (in my '05, anyway). It usually reads about 10-15 degress (F) higher than the actual outside temp.

We've made a joke that if the outside temp gauge needle points to the right of straight-up, it's warm enough to put the top down; to the left, it's too cold, and if it's straight up, might need to keep the windows up and the heater on!

·
OP
8,226 Posts
bad gauge?

You may want to have your gauge checked. Although it is analog, mine is pretty accurate as I comapare it to my home digital and my wife's Volvo digital as we are driving to see how accurate the SSR gauge is and it is darn close, it is just hard to read sometimes, but 40 is 40 and 80 is 80 when comapring the two.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts