Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Lost In The 50's
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought this was an interesting photo. Anyone recognize the SSR by the plate number? I can't quite make out the state.

Happy New year to one and all..........Enjoy your ride!!!!:seeya

Attachments

Reactions: Auggie Doggie

·
Premium Member
7,279 Posts
Neat picture "34" Can't make out the state either. Where did you get the picture or who sent it to you ??? Looked for a street number on the building, that way we could eliminate the Broadway Diners one by one on google. Thanks for posting. tennesseecozydog :ssr

·
Lost In The 50's
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Found it!!!!

Neat picture "34" Can't make out the state either. Where did you get the picture or who sent it to you ??? Looked for a street number on the building, that way we could eliminate the Broadway Diners one by one on google. Thanks for posting. tennesseecozydog :ssr
I found the pic on a site called Traditional Mild Customs of 50's & '60's. Guy posted pics of his '39 Chevy and says he is from O'Fallon, IL.

Maybe somebody will step in and identify the "R" and the diner:seeya.

·
BAD BOW TIE
10,869 Posts
Looks like both cars have Illinois plates on them. Don't know how they set their plates up. In our state the first two numbers are the county of issue.

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,734 Posts
I don't mean to take away from the nice shot of the R and the other car but I noticed the R is not in the center of the parking spot. I for one always try to park as close to the center of a parking spot as I can. Parking off-center leads to the possibility of another careless car owner getting close enough to your vehicle to ding your door or fender.

Dave

·
Premium Member
2,097 Posts
I found the pic on a site called Traditional Mild Customs of 50's & '60's. Guy posted pics of his '39 Chevy and says he is from O'Fallon, IL.

Maybe somebody will step in and identify the "R" and the diner:seeya.
As an owner of a '39 Chevy streetrod for 39 years, which I recently sold and then bought an SSR.............that '39 in the initial post here is NOT a Chevy.

I can't see enough of it to really say what it is, may be a GM '39, but '39 Chevys did not have a split rear window like that one shows.:wink2:

·
Premium Member
3,563 Posts
Looks like both cars have Illinois plates on them. Don't know how they set their plates up. In our state the first two numbers are the county of issue.

I agree and think it's a Illinois plate !!

·
Premium Member
7,279 Posts
FOUND IT !!! I Googled Broadway Diner's in St. Louis, Missouri, area. It's in Columbia, Missouri, west of St. Louis on I-40 !!! Are you sure those are not Missouri plates, however the numbers look exactly like the ones on my 55, 56, 57 & 63 Illinois plates ??? Please comments or corrections ... Thank You. Bob Alexander :ssr

CAZ, can you check this out ???

·
Lost In The 50's
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Highly Modified

As an owner of a '39 Chevy streetrod for 39 years, which I recently sold and then bought an SSR.............that '39 in the initial post here is NOT a Chevy.

I can't see enough of it to really say what it is, may be a GM '39, but '39 Chevys did not have a split rear window like that one shows.:wink2:
Here is a link to the site.........Scroll down and you will find the post of the '39 Chevrolet and SSR. It has been highly modified.

:smile2:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/956906891095004/

·
BAD BOW TIE
10,869 Posts
I don't mean to take away from the nice shot of the R and the other car but I noticed the R is not in the center of the parking spot. I for one always try to park as close to the center of a parking spot as I can. Parking off-center leads to the possibility of another careless car owner getting close enough to your vehicle to ding your door or fender.

Dave
I try to park lining up the yellow line with the center of my SSR. Oh excuse me for taking two spots. I would rather you be mad at me for taking two spots then me being mad at you for banging my doors. Just sayin!!!

Reactions: tennesseecozydog

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,734 Posts
As long as they are just mad at you and don't inflict any damage on your R for taking an additional spot is fine, but there are people out there who are vindictive. Those are the ones I'm scared of.

Dave

·
Registered
547 Posts
As long as they are just mad at you and don't inflict any damage on your R for taking an additional spot is fine, but there are people out there who are vindictive. Those are the ones I'm scared of.

Dave
I saw a late model Corvette taking up 2 spots right outside the front door of a Red Lobster that had been keyed nose to tail. Not a chance I'd take.

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,572 Posts

Dave
IMO: I believe it was a coordinated team effort because the person who parked the SSR over the left parking line appears to have done so on purpose because the other collector car was also parked way over on his left side too. So then the person who will ends up parking on the right side of the Purple SSR would also have plenty of extra room to park their vehicle safely too. ;)

·
Premium Member
9,296 Posts
I try to park lining up the yellow line with the center of my SSR. Oh excuse me for taking two spots. I would rather you be mad at me for taking two spots then me being mad at you for banging my doors. Just sayin!!!
Better off parking at the furthest possible spot, preferably an end one, eliminating one side getting dinged. Taking up two spots, especially close to your destination, is a sure way to catch someone's attention and possibly get you keyed. No way I would take that risk.

·
Premium Member
7,279 Posts
Couldn't have said it better Flassh. I even do that in my Impala ... park way out or in an end spot. I like the long walk to the entrance particularly at Kroger's, Dillard's or a basketball game at Middle Tennessee State. tennesseecozydog. :ssr Remember a good walk will do you good !!!

·
BAD BOW TIE
10,869 Posts
Just kidding guys. I hate people that take two spots. Doesn't take much to fire you up though. Number one I try to never park the R in a parking lot especially unattended. Number two if I have to I park the furthest from the building I can. Good for my health and lowlifes don't usually like to walk that far so they stay away. Got to watch those shopping carts though. Have a good one.

Reactions: tennesseecozydog

·
Premium Member
9,296 Posts
Got to watch those shopping carts though. .
I have favorite parking areas anywhere I have to go regularly.

One key requirement is to try to park at a high spot. Unattended carts prefer to roll downhill.

·
Premium Member
1,297 Posts
Taking up two parking spots reminded me of an incident that happened to me several years ago. I was heading over to a Staples store and as I was making a left hand turn into my parking spot a new Z06 Corvette pulled in from the opposite direction and took up two parking spaces and one of the spaces was the one I was heading to. Made me mad, but not to the point of doing anything stupid, but his swagger did pi$$ me off.

Well I got my shopping completed and when I returned to my R, the Corvette was covered in bird droppings. Karma comes in mysterious ways.

And yes, no droppings on the R. ������

1 - 20 of 23 Posts