Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the procedure in removing the exterior door handles. I have the inner door panels off ? Mofo

·
Registered
347 Posts
I did mine, used sheet metal to weld up the doors and quarters. Bought a keyless entry systen from Autoloc.com. Welded up the manuel door locks so not have any accidents. I see you are in so ca I am on the corner of Tustin and LaPalma if you want to look at mine. I drive her every day it isn't raining or apart.Kendon ind.inc.
Ken

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Door Panels

Hi Ken, Thanks, but I want to take the stock ones off and paint them. Mofo

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
Paint them on the car. I had mine done, they never removed them. Tape off your area, be careful, no overspray. Look good.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
That seems, not to be in the 04 service manual.

But from what does show in the diagrams, I think you will need to remove the inside panels.

The most frustrating part of how the manuals are written is how when you want to remove A the first instruction is remove B (see how on page x.xx). So you go to page x.xx and the instructions there say first remove C (see how on page x.xx).

So now you have removed C and B going back to the instructions for removing A and it says now remove D (see page x.xx)... And so it goes. Arrgh! :cuss

1 - 7 of 7 Posts